A way to knock back with noskill

Tiny

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12

OK so i made this Bumper Carts event and works fine. Only issue is that i disabled all skill with the noskill mapflag. I made a weapon to auto cast bowling bash at 100%. due to the noskill mapflag it wont work. So i was trying to find a way to add bowling bash as an exception to this map or if there is another way to replace the skill with a way to knock back the player a few cells when hit with melee hits. Whats the best way around this?

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  150

i dont know exactly how ur event works, but maybe you can add some custom mobs with knockback skills. or backside -> you hit the mob -> mob is casting backside - should be possible to script via mob skills.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  351

You can disable certain skills using the restricted mapflag in the skill_nocastdb, or if you're using the bowling bash only with a gm character then use mapflag noskill <gmlvl> to allow any gm above or with that level to use skills..

Hm let me explain the event i guess, see if it helps. btw everything else works already and has been tested. Its a player event in which it uses @storeall and warps you to a square mini map. inside the map commands and skills are disabled since pvp gets turned on. the purpose of this event is not pvp. the event give you a sword that i made autocast bowling bash 100%. so the player equips it. after the count down pvp activates and so do the walls. players hit each other to push each other onto the walls. when a player hits the wall he gets warped out and loses. the event goes until 1 player is left. which is the winner. So since its not a pvp event. I had skills removed. problem is the autocast wont work in the map unless a gm is using it. what i want to know is a way to keep skills of during the event and either except bowling bash somehow, or find an alternative script to knock the player back on atack.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

The pushpc script command sounds promising, though I have never used or tested:

*pushpc <direction>,<cells>;

This command will push the currently attached player to given direction by given
amount of square cells. Direction is the same as used when declaring NPCs, and
can be specified by using one of the DIR_* constants (db/const.txt).

The knock-back is not restricted by items or map flags, only obstacles are taken
into account. If there is not enough space to perform the push (e.g. due to a
wall), the character is pushed only up to the obstacle.

// pushes the character 5 cells in 3 o'clock direction from it's
   // current position.
   pushpc DIR_EAST, 5;

Well thanks for your help guys. I just did as nameless said and added all skills to skill nocast db and just made the restriction for the map. and left a knock back skill enabled. all working good now! thanks