Mob experience not correct...

Reisama

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25

For some reason, the experience gained from monsters is not what it should be. My rates are 150kx/100kx. The job exp seems to be just fine, but the base exp isnt. On average, the experience payout is 1% of what it should be. An example is Rybio:

SHOULD be giving out 236250000 base experience. He gives 1/10th of that.

Isilla is another example. Should be giving 518400000. She gives 8890327 (which is roughly 1.5% of what it should be giving.)

This is causing my players to complain a LOT about leveling, and its becoming rather annoying. If you have any suggestions or fixes, please let me know. I have no issues if it requires editing the source, as I am a developer.

OVERALL FIX:

Turned out to be a combination of things...

First off, the server WAS in REMODE, causing the experience to taper off based on level, but also somehow the mob_db.txt had a glitch in it. After i turned off REMODE i noticed that mobs suddenly gave 1 exp. So i looked in the mob_db.txt and located a random ascii character around line 200. Removed it. Saved it. Everything is fine. I dont know if the random ascii character (an § btw) was added during download, or what... but i re-downloaded that file from the svn and it wasnt there. (For good measure, i replaced the file anyway to make sure nothing else was corrupt).

Edited by Reisama

6 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

did you cap the exp rate ??

conf/battle/exp.conf

// Setting this can cap the max experience one can get per kill specified as a
// % of the current exp bar. (Every 10 = 1.0%)
// For example, set it to 500 and no matter how much exp the mob gives, 
// it can never give you above half of your current exp bar.
max_exp_gain_rate: 0

No. The experience is not capped. (Was the first thing i checked, lol).

Multi-level up is also enabled.

The rates are showing up right in-game. I checked with both @rates, and @mi on the monsters i mentioned..

Its just the experience given isnt right.

Edited by Reisama

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  149

Thanks for your help, guys. I found out the key things i had to do:

Most of the files that I really cared about (ie: configurations, NPCs, etc) were just copy pasta. Other key things (the client, for example. i wasnt sure if it was still compatible with what i had..) i lucked out on. Everything is working fine..... almost ><

At first, the FluxCP i have started going bonkers. I fixed it by adding a new column to my login database named "level" so it had backwards compatibility. I just gotta remember to set both for my admins.

The latest issue that I have now is the Experience. My rates are 150kx/100kx. The job exp seems to be just fine, but the base exp isnt. On average, the experience payout is sometimes 1% of what it should be. An example is Rybio:

SHOULD be giving out 236250000 base experience. He gives 1/10th of that.

Isilla is another example. Should be giving 518400000. She gives 8890327 (which is roughly 1.5% of what it should be giving.)

This is causing my players to complain a LOT about leveling, and its becoming rather annoying. If you have any suggestions or fixes, please let me know. I have no issues if it requires editing the source, as I am a developer.

Requesting a mod to close this topic now. I'm going to move the new issue to a new topic as appropriate.

You get much less EXP when the monsters are out of your Level Range. See renewal.h in sourcecode. You can disable it there and also get information in the Wiki(there is link in the file) about the system.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  149

Posted · Hidden by Brian, February 24, 2012 - merged topics
Hidden by Brian, February 24, 2012 - merged topics

Posted · Hidden by Brian, February 24, 2012 - merged topics
Hidden by Brian, February 24, 2012 - merged topics

Pissed about your ignorance :)

"Requesting a mod to close this topic now. I'm going to move the new issue to a new topic as appropriate" was clearly on that post.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

there is no exp option in renewal.h,

do i need to add it and if so what is it called because the names on the wiki do not match the ones already in file

• Upvote 1