Upgrade checkweight

Lighta

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737

Ok so I was checking a little npc script and I realize we didn't had a proper way to check if we had enought place on storage for more then 1 item.

I'll explain by an exemple :

let say we have 500 extra weight left;

itemx = 5 n1 = 100 ok we have enought place.

itemy = 6, n2 = 3 ok we also have enought place.

But how to know if we have both ? if(checkwieght(itemx,n1) && checkwieght(itemy,n2)). we can sadly see that this condition wont fit in our case =/

Of course we could solve probably this by fetching both item weight (getiteminfo()) + our courrent weight and compare to our maxweight, but uh sound painfull, plus we won't even know if we still have place in inventory etc...

So I tought of upgrading chekweight to read not 1 item but as many as we want.

Here my base : http://pastebin.com/TK0dRs3s

Yet I'm not fully satisfied, I'd be sweet if instead reading 1 at the time we could send arrays as parameter.

Hope it's be usefull.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

Well, even though it's a good idea, it's unnecessary. You can check the weight for multiple items with GetItemInfo() function, Weight/MaxWeight constant and simple mathematics.

CheckWeight() is just a simplification...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  149

Ok so I was checking a little npc script and I realize we didn't had a proper way to check if we had enought place on storage for more then 1 item.

I'll explain by an exemple :

let say we have 500 extra weight left;

itemx = 5 n1 = 100 ok we have enought place.

itemy = 6, n2 = 3 ok we also have enought place.

But how to know if we have both ? if(checkwieght(itemx,n1) && checkwieght(itemy,n2)). we can sadly see that this condition wont fit in our case =/

Of course we could solve probably this by fetching both item weight (getiteminfo()) + our courrent weight and compare to our maxweight, but uh sound painfull, plus we won't even know if we still have place in inventory etc...

So I tought of upgrading chekweight to read not 1 item but as many as we want.

Here my base : http://pastebin.com/TK0dRs3s

Yet I'm not fully satisfied, I'd be sweet if instead reading 1 at the time we could send arrays as parameter.

Hope it's be usefull.

Your code looks strange. You also hand out the items at the end. I think Kenpachi is right: This is rather a Change you can throw into the Release section than something everybody needs.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  737

Kempachi, checkweight was also checking if you have enough slot in inventory for those new items.

Assuming your MAX_INVENTORY = 100 and you have 97 items there checkweight(x,5) will return false if x is unstackble, (like 5 shield etc).

-It will also check if you reach the max number for it (32k)

It's probably possible to do workarround for those too, but well I rather update a command that already do that. But if you think it's rather a mod it's ok I don't mind.

@Jonne, what's strange ?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  47

AEGIS checks if you can carry a Knife (unstackable) and for a high value like 2000 Weight (that's why if you create a Novice and talk to some quests NPCs you're not supposed to talk, you'll constantly receive messages about needing to use the storage).

Even though it's a workaround and a bad practice, it's the official behavior...

Anyway, getiteminfo and getinventorylist can do what you want (http://pastebin.com/WsdDVNnc, not tested).

Usage: callfunc("F_CheckGetItem", 501, 30, 502, 50, 1002, 20);

Returns -2 if total new inventory entries + current inventory entries exceeds MAX_INVENTORY, -1 if new stackable amount + current stackable amount exceeds MAX_AMOUNT, 0 if the sum of all the new weigth + current weight exeeds MaxWeight and 1 if there's no problem

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  149

@Jonne, what's strange ?

Can't point my figner at it, sorry. But something seems odd. Dunno. Maybe just me having a bad day :)