[Question] Using Constraints on the Database

Tepoo

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104

Hey guys,

i had the following problem on my server.

i created two test accounts with sensless names, created character and logged in. after i saw that it worked, i deleted the accounts in the database login.

i created then two new accounts and logged in. when i was in the character selection i was the chars of the accounts with the sensless names.because i only deleted the accounts.

when i looked up into the tables i saw that you dont use constraints bewteen the keys. is there any restriction in rathena that constraints cant be used? otherwise i would setup my databse with some constraints i think who are usefull.

example: on cascade and delete for account --> character. when an accoiunts gets deleted, delete all entrys who are combined with this accountid.

greetings

Tepoo

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

Hey guys,

i had the following problem on my server.

i created two test accounts with sensless names, created character and logged in. after i saw that it worked, i deleted the accounts in the database login.

i created then two new accounts and logged in. when i was in the character selection i was the chars of the accounts with the sensless names.because i only deleted the accounts.

This happened because you truncated the table which resets the auto increment counter. The result is that your newly created accounts has the same IDs as the old ones and became connected to the characters.

when i looked up into the tables i saw that you dont use constraints bewteen the keys. is there any restriction in rathena that constraints cant be used? otherwise i would setup my databse with some constraints i think who are usefull.

example: on cascade and delete for account --> character. when an accoiunts gets deleted, delete all entrys who are combined with this accountid.

greetings

Tepoo

I don't see any problems in doing this.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  392

rAthena uses MyISAM tables.