Hello

evera

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  0

I've been a long-time lurker for eAthena, and I recently heard of the developments that resulted in the rAthena fork.

I was a developer, around 7+(?) years ago, for eAthena, creating NPC scripts and whatnot. But, other commitments caught up to me, and I couldn't really contribute anything anymore (and my contributions at the time were really quite small).

I do still have some remaining files that have withstood the test of time (and I remember that I really liked Kafras for some reason): https://rathena.svn....unk/npc/kafras/ and marriages https://rathena.svn....om/marriage.txt

(I'm sure there's more but it's nice to see even a few).

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that e/rAthena has been alive for such a long time, and even more surprised that I could find myself in the SVN repository. I kind of grew up with this project, following AppleMod through eAthena, forks like omniAthena, Freya, and AthenaAdvanced, and competition like YARE, Vidar, and WEISS.

I just like to visit from time to time, for mainly nostalgic reasons. eAthena was where I started to learn about coding. I remember that I couldn't very code well, but I did join the development team, and attempted to make contributions. I liked the bit of drama I could cause, and there was a time that I pretended to be my "brother" and develop under his name. I even remember the really horrible readme.html that existed back in the day.

If anyone remembers me, please excuse the immaturity I exhibited back then - I was only ~12 years old. (And I definitely remember lying about my age). Since then, I've really loved Computer Science, and decided to pursue a college degree, and will be graduating with my B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at UC Berkeley this year, and my M.S. in Computer Science at UC Berkeley next year. I'm primarily focused with Graphics, and it arose from my love of games and entertainment.

Anyway, I'm not here to cause more drama, be more immature, or anything of the sort. I just like to come back to my roots. eAthena was the first real time I've seen programming, and that feeling stuck. I had great memories, grabbing kRO sub-GM accounts and mucking around trying to figure out the changes in every new patch and chatting with people in the old IRC channel.

I'm hoping for great things from rAthena!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  427

Welcome back in the community! :P