[Resolved] Specific gats not updating

Erebus

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47

Using BrowEdit 586 and after altering the center of this map im working on, reduced its non-walkable gats, they dont actually reflect it ingame. The odd part is that if I click past the affected area, I will walk through it and go around the legitimate non-walkable gats as I should, then when I click somewhere else, I hang and snap to my location like I had a surge of lag.

All of my other gat alterations do and I'm wondering if anyone knew a particular reason or way I could fix this.

I've made new mapcaches with altering a single or multiple gat tiles, pasted over old files in my data folder and neither have worked. There are no setcell alterations for the map either.

Let me know if you would like a picture of what I'm talking about, but it can't really illustrate in-game.

Edited by Gaypuff

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

1.) Set GAT Height in 'Edit'

2.) Raise water level of map to -20 and raise the entire terrain above that.

i can physically see the gats at the same height as all the other ones. I did that step earlier because I was having textures tear ingame. Posting a picture to help. The scribbled area are where the gats in-game seem to be but in brow, they dont even exist. Also showing water properties because it already is -20.

post-408-0-55765600-1327338494_thumb.png

Did you build this map usng the 'new map' function? if you did, load up a gravity map and save it on your desktop. Re-open it with BrowEdit and wipe it clean using the 'clearmap' function. Then using 'global heigh edit' copy and paste your entire map section from your current map to the new map template and save it.

If you didn't use the 'new map' function I can take a look at your map itself if you feel comfortable with me using it. Of course I won't be distributing it. I will only be using it to fix your issue.

Edited by Syouji

nah, i opened up prontera and clean map'd it then and saved my copy as ive done in the past. I'll pm you a link to it so you can take a look at it. Hope you can figure it out, I'd hate to have to redo all the gats :/

I just tested your map and it works fine. GATS that were non-walkable stopped me and I never snapped with lag and couldnt walk.I think it could be your mapcache.dat itself. Delete the mapcache.dat completely, drop the map files you gave me into the data folders and use WeeMapCache tool provided in my latest BrowEdit Tutorial #10 to add the .GAT file of your map to the new mapcache.dat that will be rebuilt. Also check your client. I'm presuming you're making this into a sky map so as a reference you can view my sky-map browedit tutorial as well for help.

Other notes:

- Objects were drawn and loaded just fine and when I zoomed out they appeared fine as well

- Textures didnt scramble or turn black/no-draw which is a good sign.

- No character locking (check your client version)

Edited by Syouji

ive deleted my mapcache on each change of the gats using the standard mapcache but I'll try weemapcache when i get a chance to. Once i get the gats fixed i can fix all the little glitches like layered models bleeding through one another :/

Weemapcache worked, odd that me completely destroying all files and redoing it from scratch wouldnt update that 1 section of the map. Thanks again!

Edited by Erebus

Best of luck to you. When you've made the changes, make sure to leave an update here to see what we can do for you.