New Mechanics Emulator Help

Erid

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38

Hi, I have been a lot of time with just little updates about eAthena and RO in general, so I'm really lost in what's related to the new mechanics and 3rd class implementation in the current emulators.

I'm interested in making a (mostly) test server for me and my friends to play around, nothing serious, but I would love to implement the new mechanics and 3rd classes, for what I've read 3CeAM supports 3rd classes but without the new mechanics, brAthena seems very good but everything is in Portuguese and eAthena is just very outdated.

My main question would be: Which emulator or combination of emulator and patchs is best for implementing new mechanics and 3rd classes? and what are the implications in relation to maintainability of each one?

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward for this new fork, it seems to be going on a very good path, for what I've seen it's improving a lot the code and documentation, but meanwhile I would like to know what could be a good option.

I would appreciate your help and any bit of updated information you can give me, or even some advice in this regard.

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  55

In my opinion, the best is a mixture of 3CeAM and the Renewal version of it, which is pretty much what eA Mod is.

Third classes are broken without the Renewal system. They just simply go hand in hand.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

yep i agree

Thanks, then it means I should use 3CeAM from this repository: http://3ceam.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/rewrite/, but where is the renewal version of it?, sorry, I'm really outdated in all of this.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  2244

there's no renewal for it, you have to manually add the renewal mechanics for now

Ok, but where would I find something to base on, I'm almost sure I don't need to start from 0, since there is a lot being developed.

For example, I download 3CeAM and look for the code of the renewal mechanics in rAthena, but which source files should I seek for?, I mean, there should be at least which ones are the ones that matter, something that could guide me.

I don't expect to get everything held in a golden plate =S, I'm just looking for guidance, something that requires less time, I don't know if it would be better to use brAthena and re-translate the main NPCs for example (re-translate would be copy & paste the NPCs from rAthena, but I don't know if most of them match =/).

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  399

Your best bet would be to pull RE mechanics from brAthena's emulator at the moment as they're not completely finished here yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's to my understanding that brAthena has RE done for the most part?).

At the rate things are progressing, your best bet would be to just help bug test with rA and contribute anything you may know regarding official behavior so that the core developers can get things in, fixed, and working per official standards.

If you're not willing to or can't wait around for things to be added here, I do believe I saw a release of 3ceam with RE mechanics somewhere on eA, but I'm likely mistaken. If I find anything for certain, I'll post it here or shoot you a forum PM. ;)

It seems it would be good to wait since things are moving fast, I'll see in which way I could help, that's a good idea.

Anyway I'll analyze every option and see how far rAthena is regarding in 3rd classes support, because I don't thing my friends mind them don't fully working, it's mainly to play and test.

Thank you very much ;).

Edited by Erid