bmp issue with maps

PARANOiA

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7

Hello people.

There are some topics related to issues with duplicated maps but Im still not able to fix my problem, the client is giving me the error when I enter a woe castle like aldeg_cas05 , it looks like the client is looking for a .bmp file but I was checking the data grf and there is no such file called aldeg_cas05.bmp (i.e.).

Im seeing this in resnametable:

te_aldecas5.gnd#aldeg_cas05.gnd#
te_aldecas5.gat#aldeg_cas05.gat#
te_aldecas5.rsw#aldeg_cas05.rsw#
À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\map\te_aldecas5.bmp#À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\map\aldeg_cas05.bmp#

but all the files that I have related to "te_aldecas" and "aldeg_cas05" are .gat .gnd and .rsw

I had some GRFs in my data.ini because Im using different palletes but the only grf that has a resnametable is data.grf so this must the the file that my  client is using.

Im running out of clues to continue searching for the problem, may someone please help me with this? right now as my last try im downloading kRO from a different site to check if there are some .bmp files in the data grf.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1583

1 hour ago, PARANOiA said:

Hello people.

There are some topics related to issues with duplicated maps but Im still not able to fix my problem, the client is giving me the error when I enter a woe castle like aldeg_cas05 , it looks like the client is looking for a .bmp file but I was checking the data grf and there is no such file called aldeg_cas05.bmp (i.e.).

Im seeing this in resnametable:

te_aldecas5.gnd#aldeg_cas05.gnd#
te_aldecas5.gat#aldeg_cas05.gat#
te_aldecas5.rsw#aldeg_cas05.rsw#
À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\map\te_aldecas5.bmp#À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\map\aldeg_cas05.bmp#

but all the files that I have related to "te_aldecas" and "aldeg_cas05" are .gat .gnd and .rsw

I had some GRFs in my data.ini because Im using different palletes but the only grf that has a resnametable is data.grf so this must the the file that my  client is using.

Im running out of clues to continue searching for the problem, may someone please help me with this? right now as my last try im downloading kRO from a different site to check if there are some .bmp files in the data grf.

Thanks in advance.

To be honest ive upload it before but being rejected because of some reason.

You can use this2023kro-minimap.grf

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Chaos92, I was planning on doing this (to add transparent bmp maps with the names) but it was going to be a pain in the ass to check all maps manually, do you know the root cause of the issue? thanks for the grf!

Edited by PARANOiA

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1583

7 minutes ago, PARANOiA said:

Thanks @Chaos92, I was planning on doing this (to add transparent bmp maps with the names) but it was going to be a pain in the ass to check all maps manually, do you know the root cause of the issue? thanks for the grf!

its because in latest client, they remove most of the blank minimap and the client should read exceptionminimapnametable.txt (which have the list of all the exception map name), but it seems like the client isnt reading that.

If checking using hex editor, it have that txt content but still, I dont know why its not read by the client at all.

Let me know if you have some maps that are still have that issue, since I might missed any and I want to update that GRF too.

• Upvote 1