Poring Hell - custom instance

Velda

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  15

Hello everyone,
few days ago i finished my custom instance - Poring Hell. Since i put some time into it i don't want to keep it just for myself. But it's a lots of adjustments on server-side and client-side too. Right know i'm making this topic just to show it. But, if anyone will be interested, please let me know and i will edit the post and provide all of the files i used along with the readme file how to make it work and which files need to be edited etc.

Some more info about it:
- NPCs are briefly dubbed using AI, i used soundeffect command there (so it really talks to you a bit if you have sound effects ON)!
- There are custom BGM music (the music in the video is the actual music used for maps not a stream music).
- I added few 4th class skills to monsters, created stats for them, made the whole story, NPC scripts, etc...
- The maps i used are existing RO maps.

- Skills need definitely a bit adjustment (lots of Dragon Breath and Gale Storm spam as you can see on the video lol)

- I used illustrations found on the internet (from Honkai, manga etc..). I'm not owner nor creator of these materials!

- Since it is my first (and probably last) RO custom instance i made, i used instance tutorial by Skorm (thank you) and some of sprites that i found on rAthena or Hercules forums for download. I just edited some sprites little bit but i did not create them by myself. So i also thanks to people who created them.

- The instance is made for 2022+ Renewal client (and rAthena) like an end-game instance by default. So mobs are strong in general - but this can be adjusted as needed by changing in the DB of course.

Requirements:
- Instance is made for 2022+ Renewal client and rAthena (4th jobs included). My own server was PACKETVER 20220331.
- Using SQL Client (like HeidiSQL or MySQL Workbench) and SQL DB.

- Custom sprites provided by other users which you have to download. Download them here (step 16. in the install instructions):

Poring Collection by Emistry: https://rathena.org/board/files/file/2987-poring-collection/

Teeth Poring by Wurg: https://rathena.org/board/files/file/4249-chattering-teeth-poring/

Blazering: https://board.herc.ws/files/file/463-blazering/

Custom Pack by Mihael: https://rathena.org/board/files/file/4335-400-custons-20-custom-weapons-by-mihael/

NPC Collection by Syouji: https://rathena.org/board/files/file/2388-configurations-npcs-100-different-npcs/

- Mapcache editor: https://rathena.org/board/files/file/3858-mapcache-editor

- GRF Editor: https://rathena.org/board/files/file/2766-grf-editor/

- Act Editor if you want to edit sprites in the future: https://rathena.org/board/files/file/3304-act-editor/

Update:
Version 2.0.0 -
Added also custom cards and MVP cards (without illustrations - maybe in the future if i'll be in mood ^^)

Version 2.1.0 - Removed sprites already provided by other users. Added instructions to download and import them after that instead.

Version 2.1.1- Fixed player attachment error in instance script. Merged cards into common ZIP.

NOTE: Don't forget to add cards to the monsters drop in DB! Custom cards are not in the drop of monsters by default.

So once again, if anyone will like it and want it, let me know and i'll add sources here - for free of course. ^^

EDIT: I added sources with install instructions into downloads section:

Enjoy.^^

poring_hell_full_v2.1.1.rar

Edited by Velda
new version of files
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318

good work.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  182

9 hours ago, Velda said:

Hello everyone,
few days ago i finished my custom instance - Poring Hell. Since i put some time into it i don't want to keep it just for myself. But it's a lots of adjustments on server-side and client-side too. Right know i'm making this topic just to show it. But, if anyone will be interested, please let me know and i will edit the post and provide all of the files i used along with the readme file how to make it work and which files need to be edited etc.

Some more info about it:
- NPCs are briefly dubbed using AI, i used soundeffect command there (so it really talks to you a bit if you have sound effects ON)!
- There are custom BGM music (the music in the video is the actual music used for maps not a stream music).
- I added few 4th class skills to monsters, created stats for them, made the whole story, NPC scripts, etc...
- The maps i used are existing RO maps.

- Skills need definitely a bit adjustment (lots of Dragon Breath and Gale Storm spam as you can see on the video lol)

- The instance is made for 2022+ Renewal client (and rAthena) like an end-game instance by default. So mobs are strong in general - but this can be adjusted as needed by changing in the DB of course.

I used illustrations found on the internet (from Honkai, manga etc..). I'm not owner nor creator of these materials! Since it is my first (and probably last) RO custom instance i made, i used instance tutorial by Skorm (thank you) and lots of sprites that i found on rAthena or Hercules forums for download. I just edited some of these sprites little bit but i did not create them by myself. So i also thanks to people who created them.

For preview of the whole instance see video below:

So once again, if anyone will like it and want it, let me know and i'll add sources here - for free of course. ^^

Up for this!

Great work mate

Okay, i updated the first post and i added the sources with install instructions into downloads section::

Enjoy. ^^

8 hours ago, Velda said:

Okay, i updated the first post and i added the sources with install instructions into downloads section::

Enjoy. ^^

I cant see the link

Screenshot_2023-08-10-08-06-54-704-edit_com.brave.browser.jpg

7 hours ago, Frost Diver said:

I cant see the link

Yeah, sorry it's still waiting for approval.. Let's give it a moment. If it'll take too long i will upload it into first post.

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Frost Diver said:

I cant see the link

Well, i don't have a clue how long this approval takes.. And since i'm unpatient person and i want to conclude this project i already edited the first post - you can find download sources at the end.
Today i also made custom cards and MVP cards so i added them too.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Velda said:

Well, i don't have a clue how long this approval takes.. And since i'm unpatient person and i want to conclude this project i already edited the first post - you can find download sources at the end.
Today i also made custom cards and MVP cards so i added them too.

Thanks mate. I'll test this out 👍

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  31

Awesome work. Thank you for the release.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3

Nice work!
and for those cutin, YES.

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  49

Can you add the monster database for this one? also the updated sql files 🙂 

On 2/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, Questune said:

Can you add the monster database for this one? also the updated sql files 🙂 

Hello, if you mean the whole SQL DB of monsters i prefer not to. The reason is that i have adjustments in my DB and also other people can have adjustments in their DB. So that's the reason i decided to provide only "SQL INSERTS" for new mobs (you can find it in the ZIP file).

• Love 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  49

On 2/10/2024 at 10:33 PM, Velda said:

Hello, if you mean the whole SQL DB of monsters i prefer not to. The reason is that i have adjustments in my DB and also other people can have adjustments in their DB. So that's the reason i decided to provide only "SQL INSERTS" for new mobs (you can find it in the ZIP file).

I see, ok thanks for the information