3rd job in pre-renewal

nekoyarou

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

Hi everyone,

i just created an online server successfully and wanted to implement 3rd job for character and i'm guessing it's absolutely possible but i dont know how.

can anyone guide teach me how to script so i can have 3rd jobs in pre renewal server?.

thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

3 hours ago, nekoyarou said:

is it possible if i just define renewal but leaving everything in pre renewal modes?, like commenting everything from define renewal cast, drop, exp in src/config to make it sort of hybrid just so i can have 3rd jobs in pre renewal?.

Thank you.

That would work better.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  106

2 hours ago, nekoyarou said:

Hi everyone,

i just created an online server successfully and wanted to implement 3rd job for character and i'm guessing it's absolutely possible but i dont know how.

can anyone guide teach me how to script so i can have 3rd jobs in pre renewal server?.

thanks in advance

I imagine that it would be enough to add the jobs to the job_ tables and the skill tables and enable the third jobs in their job master

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

If you want 3rd Jobs, you should be using Renewal. Expecting data from Renewal to "just work" simply because you copy/paste it will yield results you aren't expecting.

On 6/10/2023 at 2:17 AM, Notorius said:

I imagine that it would be enough to add the jobs to the job_ tables and the skill tables and enable the third jobs in their job master

I am also thinking like that, but i dont think it's gonna be that easy, so i was thinking if its possible to make it sort of a custom job for 3rd jobs?.

if so, can you teach me how to do it or maybe point me to a guide that could teach me how to do it?

Thanks.

On 6/10/2023 at 3:48 AM, Akkarin said:

If you want 3rd Jobs, you should be using Renewal. Expecting data from Renewal to "just work" simply because you copy/paste it will yield results you aren't expecting.

is it possible if i just define renewal but leaving everything in pre renewal modes?, like commenting everything from define renewal cast, drop, exp in src/config to make it sort of hybrid just so i can have 3rd jobs in pre renewal?.

Thank you.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  106

7 hours ago, nekoyarou said:

I am also thinking like that, but i dont think it's gonna be that easy, so i was thinking if its possible to make it sort of a custom job for 3rd jobs?.

if so, can you teach me how to do it or maybe point me to a guide that could teach me how to do it?

Thanks.

Well, I don't have much experience. I've never created a new job, but I think the easiest would be to use renewal and adapt your emludor to your needs.

I guess i just have to give up for now, it's too hard to implement 3rd jobs in pre-renewal maps lol.

Thanks @Akkarin and @Notorius for the insight.