Changing effect for elemental stones on forged weapons.

Erebos

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  65

Hi guys, I'm trying to change some things on the forging system. I have managed to change the atk type of star crumbs, but I need support on how to do the following:
- Remove Flame Heart, Mystic Frozen, etc... weapon atribute change, so it does not change the forged weapon's element anymore.

- Add effects like from item_bonus.txt in source. Specifically, I want to know how to call the bonuses for ATK%, MATK%, Freezing chance(marina/stormy knight effect. Not frosty misty effect), and other basic status like ASPD, Flee, Def/MDEF.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12

Not a specific guide, more of pointing to a general direction.

- Remove Flame Heart, Mystic Frozen, etc... weapon atribute change, so it does not change the forged weapon's element anymore.

You'll probably want to look at skill_produce_mix function in skill.cpp. There are a few blocks in that function that is responsible for setting elements on forged weapons.

- Add effects like from item_bonus.txt in source. Specifically, I want to know how to call the bonuses for ATK%, MATK%, Freezing chance(marina/stormy knight effect. Not frosty misty effect), and other basic status like ASPD, Flee, Def/MDEF.

This is a good resource to add new item bonuses on the src side.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  65

4 hours ago, Dazzu said:

Not a specific guide, more of pointing to a general direction.

You'll probably want to look at skill_produce_mix function in skill.cpp. There are a few blocks in that function that is responsible for setting elements on forged weapons.

This is a good resource to add new item bonuses on the src side.

Thanks for your answer.
I successfully removed the elements when forging but the weapons lose the Fire/Ice/Earth/Wind prefix, any idea how can i maintain that?

About the item bonus, i'm not trying to create new item bonuses, i'm trying to use the already existing ones that you can use on items scripts as a replacement of the weapon element when using elemental stones when forging.