Publish my Offline server to Online Server

pueblodefairy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  74

Hello. I am not sure if I can ask this here. but i would like to ask is there any guide to publish my Ragnarok Server??? It is complete, i play it offline but i think is time to share everything i worked all these years to the public. This is my last step and i think is time. Thanks a lot for any help

Edited by pueblodefairy

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21

You are missing a great deal of information in your question.

Review the following configuration files and update the public and bind IP address properties:
 - conf/char_athena.conf
 - conf/login_athena.conf
 - conf/map_athena.conf

If you are hosting from a residential location, you might want to look into forwarding any necessary ports to your rAthena server.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Hello, there are a couple of things that you need before you can host your own server to everyone.

• Check if you have a public IP or static IP - this is very important as you won't be able to host a server if you have NATed IP address.
  • Check if these ports 5121, 6121, and 6900 are open on your end. (You may search for guide on google on how to check these)
  • If you don't have a public IP, you will definitely need a VPS to host your server. (There's a topic here somewhere in rAthena of the list of recommended VPS) >> Take note that this will cost you some $$$
  • If you're just planning to setup a server to play with your friends, you may use Hamachi or ZeroTier One. These will enable you to setup a virtual network that your friends can connect to. (This is not recommended if you're planning on setting up a full time private server)