Server works but one error on start

Synel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  38

Hey,

Got my server up and running, 20151104 .exe with the latest full release from Akkarin. Starts up, logs in, haven't tested long but I made a char and exited the starting ship. When I start the client though I get the same error message.

...a/luafiles514/lua files/skillinfoz/skilltreeview.lua:1270: attempt to index global 'JobSkillTab' (a nil value)

Attached pic shows actual error message. If anyone has any idea on what caused it please let me know. 

Skilltreeview error.png

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1540

11 hours ago, Synel said:

Hey,

Got my server up and running, 20151104 .exe with the latest full release from Akkarin. Starts up, logs in, haven't tested long but I made a char and exited the starting ship. When I start the client though I get the same error message.

...a/luafiles514/lua files/skillinfoz/skilltreeview.lua:1270: attempt to index global 'JobSkillTab' (a nil value)

Attached pic shows actual error message. If anyone has any idea on what caused it please let me know. 

Skilltreeview error.png

Try to use Chris Renewal Translation https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE and read the Wiki/Guides too.

4 hours ago, Chaos92 said:

Try to use Chris Renewal Translation https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE and read the Wiki/Guides too.

Did both. This solved a lot of the problems I had, fixed the UI and removed all the gibberish text (so far.) Thank you very much.

I do still have an issue with star emperor skills being mashed into the second skill tab and their job is listed as poring under the characters name. Same thing with soul reaper I'm guessing. Still a huge improvement though. 

10 hours ago, Synel said:

Did both. This solved a lot of the problems I had, fixed the UI and removed all the gibberish text (so far.) Thank you very much.

I do still have an issue with star emperor skills being mashed into the second skill tab and their job is listed as poring under the characters name. Same thing with soul reaper I'm guessing. Still a huge improvement though. 

I think u need to use client 2018 or above for Star Emperor and Soul Reaper.

44 minutes ago, Chaos92 said:

I think u need to use client 2018 or above for Star Emperor and Soul Reaper.

Sorry, the client that I'm using is the 20200409. The patched EXE is 20151104. Possibly related, I have to have the packet version set to the 2015 date in order for my exe to log on.

7 hours ago, Synel said:

Sorry, the client that I'm using is the 20200409. The patched EXE is 20151104. Possibly related, I have to have the packet version set to the 2015 date in order for my exe to log on.

I mean, the patched EXE for SE and SR to works, try client 2018 and above RagexeRE.

4 hours ago, Chaos92 said:

I mean, the patched EXE for SE and SR to works, try client 2018 and above RagexeRE.

So, I was completely unaware we no longer had to work with only a small selection of clients listed in a post here on the forums. Thank you for correcting that. I still have the same issue with Star emperor and Soul reaper though. Skills are all mashed into the 2nd skill tab and class still rads Poring.