Is it possible to mass edit monsters stats?

Hitsuomy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Hi, so, I was searching for a method to give a 10-20% bonus on all stats for all monsters, I already tried importing the mob_db to excel using the "," as a column breaker but when I save back to a csv file and try to use the data it doesn't save correctly, and yes I already replaced the regular ";" from the csv to "," again, like we use on the mob_db. The other way is to manually edit every single stat of every single monster on the original db, but man, that would take weeks probably.

And yes, I know that I can edit the monster skill rate and monster HP on the monster.conf but I wanted something more than just plain HP boost. I want to maintain a balance with things like boosting vit and def of every monster, then using a Ice Pick would be almost standard. I need something more oriented to the little details.

The reason I'm doing this is because I think the game currently is not optimized to a challenging and fun PvM, we keep getting stronger equips and enchants but the monsters are still basically the same. I know that instances and stuff have harder monsters but I'm talking about the majority of the game where PvM keeps getting easier and easier, so I wanted to give a small boost to everything on the game, specially for MVP's (special case where I'm manually making a re-work on cards and stats because I believe hunting and killing MVP's should be harder and something to do with a party but at the same time, more rewarding).

Any ideas? Thanks already if you took your time to think about it.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2044

this is the reason why I love to use SQL `item_db` and `mob_db`

update mob_db set vit = vit *2 where id > 0;

this will make every single monster VIT *2
and so on ... just learn a few basics SQL command and you can figure out the rest

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4

Thanks a lot, I didn't know I could edit directly the sqb column using this kind of command like on Excel. ?‍♂️