Problem editing Zackdreaver PRE-RE itemInfo.lub?

undernull

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

Hey guys, I was trying to edit the itemInfo.lub from Zackdreaver PRE-RE data folder, but when I tried to edit only the description of the GTB card, my itemInfo.lub seems to stop working completely and all items turn to be unknown.

I've tried to edit the .lua then transform into .lub and doesn't work. I'm trying to edit using notepad++ as I read in some posts here, but nothing seems to work.

I don't even try to add custom items yet, but I think l'll have the same problem, seems like I just can't change any line or any single character of the itemInfo.lub that I got this problem.

How I'm suppose to edit the itemInfo.lub and change the description of items and their effect?

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  97

44 minutes ago, undernull said:

Hey guys, I was trying to edit the itemInfo.lub from Zackdreaver PRE-RE data folder, but when I tried to edit only the description of the GTB card, my itemInfo.lub seems to stop working completely and all items turn to be unknown.

I've tried to edit the .lua then transform into .lub and doesn't work. I'm trying to edit using notepad++ as I read in some posts here, but nothing seems to work.

I don't even try to add custom items yet, but I think l'll have the same problem, seems like I just can't change any line or any single character of the itemInfo.lub that I got this problem.

How I'm suppose to edit the itemInfo.lub and change the description of items and their effect?

Thank you.

You need edit the iteminfo.lua from zackdreaver and need dif your client hexed to read this iteminfo.lua.

Load Custom lua file instead of iteminfo*.lub (Recommended)
Edited by BrOgBr

10 hours ago, BrOgBr said:

You need edit the iteminfo.lua from zackdreaver and need dif your client hexed to read this iteminfo.lua.

Load Custom lua file instead of iteminfo*.lub (Recommended)

Everytime that I change my itemInfo.lua l'll need to diff my client again? How can I make this easier to people that connect to my server get the modifications?

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  715

Could you pass the itemInfo.lub that you edited?

33 minutes ago, Lelouch vi Britannia said:

Could you pass the itemInfo.lub that you edited?

I think I just figured out the problem. When I was editing the itemInfo.lua with the notepad++, the notepad changed the strange characters to others, now I'm using sublime text editor and seems that everything is fine.

Edited by undernull

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  715

If you're using Notepad++ and experiencing rubbish or unknown words just change/set the Encoding to EUC-KR.

Edited by Lelouch vi Britannia