skill equipping an equipment help me guys

Cronus6

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8

I need a skill that equips an item in the visual eye, visual items tab but that not  appear  on the equipment.
I am using the changelook command more when using the equipment in mid or top or elsewhere ... when I equip another item it disappears, I need the changelook to be permanent with 4 visuals, no matter if you take away, or equip any item on the normal tab, I want it to continue visual until the skill's end effect

so I want to try to equip in the visual eye on the visual tab because even if you team  any item in the normal tab it does not disappear help me

-_-

Anything I'm sorry for my English I'm using a translator.

Edited by Cronus6

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  86

I have answered this question in the Portuguese Forums, but I'll write my reply here in English for documentation and guiding purposes.

The @changelook command does not really equip an item in any equipment slot, whether in the equipments tab or in the costume items tab; it simply orders the client to change the sprite it's displaying in a specific character position to that of a specified item id. This means that it doesn't matter whether the item is an equipment or a costume item: if they belong to the same position (e.g. middle headgear), @changelook will tell the client to change the sprite at the specified region. @changelook doesn't even know whether the item is LOC 2048 (costume middle headgear) or 512 (middle headgear).

When you use @changelook, the clif_changelook (clif.cpp) function is called (it only knows the equipment location in a simplified way, making no distinction between equipments or costume items, and the id of the item whose sprite must be applied). This function, then sends a packet to the client (the player) telling it to change the sprite corresponding to the specified position. The client program (the hexed/diffed client) receives this packet and interprets it on its own way. Therefore, it would be necessary to modify the client so that it could distinguish situations in which it must erase the previous sprite before displaying a new one and the situations on which it mustn't do that. It's a lot of work, and although it'd be relatively straightforward to implement the necessary modifications in the source, implementing the necessary modifications in the client would be a lot more difficult.

Edited by Tyrfing
Ortographical corrections