Map created with Browedit - Client Error

janicasa

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Good day, I'm having trouble with my maps created using browedit 568 pre-set by Syouji,
I've created 5 maps, 1 out of 5 works without error,. The other 4 maps i have, works on the server but during 100% on loading screen my client crashes.
The 4 mentioned maps doesn't produce any detailed error message except the "ragexe has stopped working"...

If I've mistakenly posted / created a wrong Forum Post - or in the wrong category please do tell me. thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  545

Try taking a pay like payon and using the clear map to remove all textures, models and lights, then use f2, select an area, hit c, and then click to place it down on the new blank payon map. Also make sure you update your mapcache and let me know where you are at.

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Edited by Azura Skyy
fix
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, janicasa said:

I've created 5 maps, 1 out of 5 works without error,. The other 4 maps i have, works on the server but during 100% on loading screen my client crashes.

Can you tell me more about these maps you created? What your creation process was? Using the 'new' function and entering in the size you want is known to lead to errors. It is strongly advised you clear an old map and create your map on top of it.

if you did 'new' you can easily copy the map over.

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Azura Skyy said:

Can you tell me more about these maps you created? What your creation process was? Using the 'new' function and entering in the size you want is known to lead to errors. It is strongly advised you clear an old map and create your map on top of it.

if you did 'new' you can easily copy the map over.

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Thanks @Azura Skyy for the reply, It appears to happen if I create a map which has dimension lower than 100x100, eg. 20x20, 15x20,.

recently I tried to create another map, in this instance a larger one 200x200, I divided it into smaller event map.
The problem that I'm having now is I can't seem to teleport to the other coordinates. I'll put a video link into it.

Edited:
Attached a picture of the map I'm currently working on,
Just an overview, *Rsw,Gat,Gnd are all updated on my Grf.
whenever I try to use command"warp eventmap, I'll get teleported only between 1 and 3, never I have landed in 2 and 4 even I have walk-able gats

1.JPG

Edited by janicasa
adding screen shot and description of the problem

1 minute ago, Azura Skyy said:

Try taking a pay like payon and using the clear map to remove all textures, models and lights, then use f2, select an area, hit c, and then click to place it down on the new blank payon map. Also make sure you update your mapcache and let me know where you are at.

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Will update you on this process, Just a question, the f2 and c should be used on the blank payon map or on my event map??

On 5/5/2017 at 1:29 PM, janicasa said:

Will update you on this process, Just a question, the f2 and c should be used on the blank payon map or on my event map??

F2+c on event map, click to paste on the blank payon (doesn't have to be payon- you can pick a map as long as its at elast as big as your other map).

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Edited by Azura Skyy
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Azura Skyy said:

F2+c o nevent map, click to paste on the blank payon (doesn't have to be payon- you can pick a map as long as its at elast as big as your other map).

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Ok, so I followed your advice, after doing the f2+c and redoing the objects/odels and texture edits

when I tried the map.. using @ ,warp command. brings me back and forth area 3 & 5, since all cells are currently "WALK-ABLE", i tried to walk my way thru the other partitions of the map 1,2,4,6 & 7 but no luckCapture.JPG.7903d9f6909e4e24fa70dbe24eb4d49b.JPG

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  111

It isn't enough to just update your GRF- Have you updated the map cache, too?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Sage said:

It isn't enough to just update your GRF- Have you updated the map cache, too?

For a while, I totally forgot about the Map_Cache.dat, - which also Contains the ".GAT" file of a map.
Thanks for the heads up..

Unfortunately this didn't solved the problem.. :(

I'm thinking if I just make each separate maps for the events with the size of 100x100 each instead of doing it on one large map