How to create a new Mapflag?

Neutral

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8

Hello all, right now I'm in the process of learning how things work in rAthena and I came across mapflags and noticed all my available options and what they offer me and thought it was a really cool feature. However I also wanted to know something in particular. How does one go about adding their own custom/new mapflag if they so desire it?

My first instinct was to look on the wiki. I went there and noticed there was a mapflag section under scripting but unfortunately that just directs me to a 404 page so I can't view anything. I also tried googling and searching on the forums but couldn't find an existing topic that already talks about this in particular. I also found the process of adding a new mapflag but it was for hercules on their wiki, I wanted to play it safe though by not following those instructions since I know hercules and rAthena are not one of the same. Therefore I decided to make this thread here since I'm pretty certain making a new mapflag would count as a source edit. Thank you all for your support. 

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  657

To make the mapflag usable with @mapflag, open atcommand.c, ACMD_FUNC(mapflag) and add it to the list of existing flags:

checkflag(nousecart);			checkflag(noitemconsumption);	checkflag(nosumstarmiracle);	checkflag(nomineeffect);
		checkflag(nolockon);			checkflag(notomb);				checkflag(nocostume);			checkflag(gvg_te);
		checkflag(gvg_te_castle);		checkflag(newmapflag);			checkflag(newmapflag2);
	setflag(nousecart);			setflag(noitemconsumption);	setflag(nosumstarmiracle);		setflag(nomineeffect);
	setflag(nolockon);			setflag(notomb);			setflag(nocostume);				setflag(gvg_te);
	setflag(gvg_te_castle);		setflag(newmapflag);		setflag(newmapflag2);

To make the mapflag readable from a script, you'll have to add the flag as a constant first:
Go in script.c, search for "MF_NOTOMB" and add your flag at the end of the list, such as:

MF_NOTOMB,
	MF_SKILL_DAMAGE,	//60
	MF_NOCOSTUME,
	MF_GVG_TE_CASTLE,
	MF_GVG_TE,
	MF_NEWMAPFLAG = 100,	// Custom flags
	MF_NEWMAPFLAG2,	// Custom flags
};

and then add it as a script constant. Open script_constants.h and add

export_constant(MF_NOTOMB);
	export_constant(MF_SKILL_DAMAGE);
	export_constant(MF_NOCOSTUME);
	export_constant(MF_GVG_TE_CASTLE);
	export_constant(MF_GVG_TE);
	export_constant(MF_NEWMAPFLAG); // Custom flags
	export_constant(MF_NEWMAPFLAG2);

Now you'll have to add the mapflag to the map structure, so go in map.h:

unsigned nocostume : 1; // Disable costume sprites [Cydh]
		unsigned newmapflag : 1; // Custom flag
		unsigned newmapflag2 : 1; // Custom flag2
		unsigned gvg_te : 1; // GVG WOE:TE. This was added as purpose to change 'gvg' for GVG TE, so item_noequp, skill_nocast exlude GVG TE maps from 'gvg' (flag &4)
		unsigned gvg_te_castle : 1; // GVG WOE:TE Castle
#ifdef ADJUST_SKILL_DAMAGE
		unsigned skill_damage : 1;
#endif
	} flag;

You have to make it so that the script engine can read your flag, so go in npc.c and ctrl-f "nowarp":

else if (!strcmpi(w3,"noteleport"))
		map[m].flag.noteleport=state;
	else if (!strcmpi(w3,"nowarp"))
		map[m].flag.nowarp=state;
	else if (!strcmpi(w3,"newmapflag"))
		map[m].flag.newmapflag=state;
	else if (!strcmpi(w3,"newmapflag2"))
		map[m].flag.newmapflag2=state;
	else if (!strcmpi(w3,"nowarpto"))
		map[m].flag.nowarpto=state;

You should now be done, but if you want to make your flag work with the getmapflag/setmapflag/removemapflag script commands, you'll have to edit script.c:

//BUILDIN_FUNC(getmapflag)
			case MF_NEWMAPFLAG:			script_pushint(st,map[m].flag.newmapflag); break;

//BUILDIN_FUNC(setmapflag)
			case MF_NEWMAPFLAG:			map[m].flag.newmapflag = 1; break;

//BUILDIN_FUNC(removemapflag)
			case MF_NEWMAPFLAG:				map[m].flag.newmapflag = 0; break;

Now you can use your mapflag in the source with (map[m].flag.newmapflag) { ... }

Good luck ;O!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  281

33 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Hello all, right now I'm in the process of learning how things work in rAthena and I came across mapflags and noticed all my available options and what they offer me and thought it was a really cool feature. However I also wanted to know something in particular. How does one go about adding their own custom/new mapflag if they so desire it?

My first instinct was to look on the wiki. I went there and noticed there was a mapflag section under scripting but unfortunately that just directs me to a 404 page so I can't view anything. I also tried googling and searching on the forums but couldn't find an existing topic that already talks about this in particular. I also found the process of adding a new mapflag but it was for hercules on their wiki, I wanted to play it safe though by not following those instructions since I know hercules and rAthena are not one of the same. Therefore I decided to make this thread here since I'm pretty certain making a new mapflag would count as a source edit. Thank you all for your support. 

You can use this for your referrence https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/Mapflag

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  8

Thank you that guides me in a better direction.

Thank you very much Tokei that's very useful information! I'll make sure to put it to great use. :)