How much it cost to run a RO server

naser080291

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26

Hi guys.. ive been saving up some money so i can open my own ragnarok private server!! about editing and all i dont know anything :D

i wanted to know how much it will cost to make a private server and hire a dev? how much it will cost on opening a server then the next monthly fee?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

U can pay a host for 15usd month

and the dev, depends on what u want, if u dont know anything, someone can make u a nice serv for... 70usd?

i got the money.. i just need a team and wanted a true and motivated team that will work for me i wanted to know the cost fee for em also!! i mean how much is a the minimum wage for a dev! i want some one who can do sprite ,script and other stuff

• Content Count:  258

~Ok first, i beg you that if you dont know anything about RO please try to learn a little because there are a lot of case where  Server Owner has been cheated by the devs(i have meet one last week that really now nothing and one of the team gone with 500 dlls of his donations) Dont give passwords... please STOP trying to make server without a little knowledge of start a server, compile, make items, recognize errors and etc, there are some VPS that give you all ready! like PONY VPS they even give you a grf with customs!, buy a web and pay the same person that sell to you to install it! or even there are some free Flux integrated panels that you can install by your self with guides. If you got doubts you can ask here, but yes if you want to contract some devs, do it just for the work you want, if you want support people or event gm or assistant try to talk with some Friends!... I dont whant you to feel bad about this comment but, when people whant something dont just pay for it, i think you have worked so hard for that money so use it well and when you have a popular server then try to invert in it! make it grow! and see it get mature! There are a loot of server that are started with a simple cpanel or flux panel and survive and others that star with a great web and beautiful design and dont survive a month. There are Daifuku and Lykos and others guys and girls that have a great portfolio for webs.  See you and GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Helly

well i hosted a server before and stop. Why did i stopped? i have a lot of things on my mind wanted to implement on the server but got depressed coz i cant do it alone.. well i know somethings but i dont know everything.. so i stopped and work and earn my money and now ready to be back up !! but need a team to implement whats on my mind!! i just want to know what is the minimum wage of a scripter, sprite maker and a dev :D can you give me a clue pls? btw monthly wage

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  199

You might want to check Paid Services Section. It will help you canvass things. 

https://rathena.org/board/forum/45-paid-services/

• Upvote 1

i already checkked the paid services but it dont give me a clue on how much i will be spending on monthly basis with a dev scripter and sprite maker...

• Content Count:  258

Just ask them by PM if you want src mod and scripting and a part time there is Secrets, if you want script Emistry or Stolao are very good and others guys right there, if you want spriting, are others ones Haziel is very Good. All of then have paid works, and have a list of their terms and the prices of making things for you in their service Post n_n, just Ask them! 

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

it's pretty straight forward if you have checked their hosting plan, it cost at least $5 ~ $1000+ depend on what you have selected.

and yes, for advise, never start a server if you basically "know nothing" about the server stuff. lol