Any updated guides for making Offline Servers?

Blueheel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45

I've been skimming in google and anything I can find, but they're all outdated and some of them are not even a proper guide. I'm looking for a guide that starts like from nothing or from scratch. I tried the rathena's wiki but I find it very confusing. 

If anyone knows please comment down a link, or someone willing to help then I'll be very grateful to you. Thank you!

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  223

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

The guide in the line above is what I used and it worked well for me. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully and all should work out for you.

Just one bit of advice when it comes to the part of compiling rAthena and it tells you to use rAthena-10.sln just be aware that project file only works on Visual Studio C++ 2010, if you obtain the newest version of VS from Microsoft's website like I did and couldn't find an older version just keep in mind you'll need to use the rAthena-14.sln instead because if you try to follow the instructions to the letter in that topic the OP doesn't mention this and trying to load an older project file instead it will try to convert it to a newer format and the compile process will fail.

I have an offline server running a client of 2015-11-04a which fairly recent (At least the newest I could find on these forums, and I'd be willing to use a newer one too)

If have any questions on setting up your offline server, I'll check in this topic periodically to answer any questions you have.