Change item name color?

GreenMagic793

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157

Hey guys,

I want to change the color of an item's name. For example, instead of displaying "Ice Falchion" in black like it normally would, I want the name to be golden.

I've heard that you can get different colors by using @item2 or getitem2 and putting cards into an item which normally wouldn't accept them. However, I'd tried this and I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I just don't know the right combination of cards or something- if anyone has a chart or any advice about this, then that would be great.

Is there any way outside of source modification to get colored weapons? I really need this feature and I know there must be a way! Thanks for any insight.

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  452

I think its the number of cards inside an equipment that defines it, except for the weapon that is.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  83

Item coloring is handled through the client, so achieving what you wish would require client hexing.

Edited by Sovereign

Yeah that's what I figured, usually color-related things are client side. The problem is, what exactly do I hex? I don't know the values I need to change, if you could point me to the numbers in the hex code which correlate to this change that would be great.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  83

Unfortunately, I'm not overly familiar with client hexing that requires a more in-depth understanding of assembly language, so hopefully someone else is able to shed light on the matter.

Edited by Sovereign

I would really like to get to the bottom of this if possible, there are some potentially really cool applications to this feature. You could use colors to define weapon levels, how refined an item is, etc. It would just be a nice aesthetic to add. If anyone knows the exact hex code that would need to be changed that would be awesome.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  452

I'm interested in this as well. Could be really enticing to see different colored items, but might actually hurt the eyes if done wrong (not really comfortable with bright colors).

I hope someone will take interest with this as well and knows how to fiddle around with the client.