Would you play my server?

GreenMagic793

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157

Hey guys,

What I'd like to do is tell you guys a little bit about my current server project, and I'd basically like you to give me constructive feedback about what you think.

Here's the basic concept of the server:

I've turned the clock backwards. No renewal, no trans classes, some dungeons and items taken out, etc. You have the 2-1 and 2-2 classes, as well as extended classes. Dungeons and items are old-school as well.

Perhaps my biggest change is that I have removed every single NPC in the game other than monsters. In their place, I have created my own new and revised kafra, shops, quests, and literally everything else.

I've also made some cool additions. I have brand new types of monsters and items, I've updated equipment with new effects and abilities, I've made new skills available for certain classes, dynamic weather, a custom main town, dozens of custom NPC's of all different types, a new type of coin system, a reputation and warning system, and a lot more. Additionally, all items that were once available through certain quest NPC's are now given as rewards in entirely new quests.

If I had to summarize what exactly the "idea" of this server is, it's that I've focused on what makes RO really great and then expanded it. I've gotten rid of anything that I believe makes the game slower or less interesting, and I've created an environment where players can focus on what makes the game so great: building an awesome character, collecting cool items, forming friendships and seeing a cool little world.

So, how would you feel about playing a server like this? It's a complete mixup of the formula, but it retains the purity of the original pre-renewal RO at its core.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

Short answer is yes i would try it out.

I'm usually willing to try any server, especially highly custom servers but most the time large projects fail in the end game content. As long as things are balanced and remain fun any style server can do well.

The other most important thing is not how many players you have but how fun it is to run for you. Because if you get board of things and stop updating and improving things will go stagnant and people will leave. So just do what you want and hope for the best.