Requesting: Item Warper

Bluenote

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27

Good day! I am requesting a script where whenever i click my item an option box will pop out and will list our important warping points.. Like instead we are going to have a warpra, we are just going to have an item on which can do its job. Thank you!

Server: rathena

19 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452

This can be done with using callfunc I believe? Though it is one time use only, I might be wrong though.

Edited by PandaRapesHamster
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  157

This can be done, in fact, I've already created this myself. All you need to do is create an item which isn't destroyed upon use, and then have it call on a function, like a warper. In result, when you click on that item, it will bring up the NPC that you've set it to call upon, so if your NPC is nothing but a box with a list of warp options, then you're good to go.

Firstly, go to your item_db2.txt or wherever you keep your custom items and add this line of code:

14815,WARPCARD,Warp Card,11,50,,70,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ callfunc "F_WARP"; },{},{}

This is the code for the custom item that's going to let you use this feature. I'm assuming you know how to make this item exist in the game, so just give it the item name and ID you desire and create it. When the user clicks on the item it won't be destroyed, making it a permanently usable way for warping or doing anything else you desire.

Now that you have the code for the item, you want to set the function that the item is going to call upon. Go into the script you want to invoke, and add this to the very top of the script:

function	script	F_WARP	{

Now, any time a player clicks on your warp card, it will execute the script that you've placed that function in. So, if you placed that code at the top of the standard Warper.txt script, it would open up the warper each time your player uses the card.

I hope this helps, if you have further need of assistance, let me know! Best of luck.

• Upvote 1

This can be done with using callfunc I believe? Though it is one time use only, I might be wrong though.

it's fine man thank you for helping us out 

This can be done, in fact, I've already created this myself. All you need to do is create an item which isn't destroyed upon use, and then have it call on a function, like a warper. In result, when you click on that item, it will bring up the NPC that you've set it to call upon, so if your NPC is nothing but a box with a list of warp options, then you're good to go.

Firstly, go to your item_db2.txt or wherever you keep your custom items and add this line of code:

14815,WARPCARD,Warp Card,11,50,,70,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ callfunc "F_WARP"; },{},{}

This is the code for the custom item that's going to let you use this feature. I'm assuming you know how to make this item exist in the game, so just give it the item name and ID you desire and create it. When the user clicks on the item it won't be destroyed, making it a permanently usable way for warping or doing anything else you desire.

Now that you have the code for the item, you want to set the function that the item is going to call upon. Go into the script you want to invoke, and add this to the very top of the script:

function	script	F_WARP	{

Now, any time a player clicks on your warp card, it will execute the script that you've placed that function in. So, if you placed that code at the top of the standard Warper.txt script, it would open up the warper each time your player uses the card.

I hope this helps, if you have further need of assistance, let me know! Best of luck.

I will try it later but to clear things out, is this function has labels? like

CARD WARPER:

Prontera

Payon Dungeon

Alberta

When i click Payon dungeon the character will be warped there.. so is this script work this way?

I'm not sure what you're asking mate. If you need a script that will let you warp to specific areas so the item will work, then I can make it for you, just give me the name of the maps you want players to warp to, and the coordinates.

I'm not sure what you're asking mate. If you need a script that will let you warp to specific areas so the item will work, then I can make it for you, just give me the name of the maps you want players to warp to, and the coordinates.

Man it is like this

Name of the item: Your Guide

When i use the item the name of the places will be listed (like in a regular warper NPC's) With also small introduction Box about our server..

"Welcome to My RO This item will be your Guide for this server. Kindly check them all out before Leveling up! -Admin"

-Main town ( Coordinates: prontera 156, 180 )

-Quest Area ( Coordinates: turbo_room 100, 100 )

-Refining Area ( prt_in 60, 64 )

-Prontera Guild Area ( prt_gld 153, 135 )

Thank you very much for such help we are going to give you credits on your codes on our server! Cheers!

I'm going to make something pretty cool for you. I'll post it in about 15 minutes.

I'm going to make something pretty cool for you. I'll post it in about 15 minutes.

WOW man Thank you for this!

I've attached the file. All you need to do is create an item with that item script and add this new script to your custom npc folder and it should work. Don't forget to enable it in scripts_custom.

This new one I designed for your player not only warp to specific locations, but also view some character information such as the amount of zeny in their bank account, their character name, guild, ID number, and also the real time and date.

Again, if you have any trouble getting it to work let me know. Best of luck.

YourGuide.txt

• Upvote 1

I've attached the file. All you need to do is create an item with that item script and add this new script to your custom npc folder and it should work. Don't forget to enable it in scripts_custom.

This new one I designed for your player not only warp to specific locations, but also view some character information such as the amount of zeny in their bank account, their character name, guild, ID number, and also the real time and date.

Again, if you have any trouble getting it to work let me know. Best of luck.

I OWE YOU 1 man! i will test this one later and we are going to post some results after

No problem, hope it all works for you. Let me know how it goes!

No problem, hope it all works for you. Let me know how it goes!

Good day man , We tried to put it in a card and follow the instructions but whenever we are using the item there's nothing happened .. we don't know what's wrong

Edited by Bluenote

Put it in a card...? I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to do, but this doesn't have anything to do with a card. You need to make a new custom item, and then have that item call on the YourGuide.txt script that I uploaded. Follow these exact instructions:

1) Open item_db2.txt

2) Add this code:

14815,YOURGUIDE,Your Guide,11,50,,70,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ callfunc "F_WARP"; },{},{}

3) Next, download the YourGuide.txt script I uploaded before.

4) Open your npc folder. Inside that folder, make a new folder called "custom1".

5) Place YourGuide.txt inside the custom1 folder.

5) Now, open npc/scripts_custom.

5) Add this line: npc: npc/custom1/YourGuide.txt.

6) Now you need to make your custom item. I'm assuming you know how to do this. If you don't, you need to do some research and figure out how. You need to edit files in your data folder. You also need to make sure that you've done everything correctly and that you have the right item ID.

If you follow all of the steps I just gave you, and you know how to make a custom item, then this should 100% work. I know because I tested it myself on my own server and it works perfectly, so if something is wrong, re-examine your steps. Keep at it, good luck!

Put it in a card...? I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to do, but this doesn't have anything to do with a card. You need to make a new custom item, and then have that item call on the YourGuide.txt script that I uploaded. Follow these exact instructions:

1) Open item_db2.txt

2) Add this code:

14815,YOURGUIDE,Your Guide,11,50,,70,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ callfunc "F_WARP"; },{},{}

3) Next, download the YourGuide.txt script I uploaded before.

4) Open your npc folder. Inside that folder, make a new folder called "custom1".

5) Place YourGuide.txt inside the custom1 folder.

5) Now, open npc/scripts_custom.

5) Add this line: npc: npc/custom1/YourGuide.txt.

6) Now you need to make your custom item. I'm assuming you know how to do this. If you don't, you need to do some research and figure out how. You need to edit files in your data folder. You also need to make sure that you've done everything correctly and that you have the right item ID.

If you follow all of the steps I just gave you, and you know how to make a custom item, then this should 100% work. I know because I tested it myself on my own server and it works perfectly, so if something is wrong, re-examine your steps. Keep at it, good luck!

i see... an apology for that we just replaced the scripts with this now i guess we could do this.. I am going to post the update tomorrow or later! Thanks man !

Greenmagic, it works. Though question, would it be possible to warp to a friend's location using above item?

For instance friend A is at prontera, friend B is at PVP Room, you can teleport to friend A but you can't teleport to friend B because of restrictions.

Also teleporting to MVP Maps should be disabled perhaps.

Yes, there are ways this could be done, most likely with a combination of variables and map flags. Also, I could probably fudge it up using "atcommand @warpto" or something along those lines.

The possibilities of this script are endless. The flexibility of having a re-usable item with scripts attached is incredible. My own personal version of this script is over 1000 lines long and is riddled with features like a built-in chat network, a reputation system, a support panel, etc. If you or anyone else were interested in having it, let me know, I'd be willing to give it to a few people if I think it is going to be used for a good cause, but I probably will never release it publicly.

• Upvote 1

Yes, there are ways this could be done, most likely with a combination of variables and map flags. Also, I could probably fudge it up using "atcommand @warpto" or something along those lines.

The possibilities of this script are endless. The flexibility of having a re-usable item with scripts attached is incredible. My own personal version of this script is over 1000 lines long and is riddled with features like a built-in chat network, a reputation system, a support panel, etc. If you or anyone else were interested in having it, let me know, I'd be willing to give it to a few people if I think it is going to be used for a good cause, but I probably will never release it publicly.

Could you send it to me? i really want to try it out! about this script i am going to post some photos later. :)

Greenmagic, I'd like to have a look at it and see if I can improve on it or make additional features for it. I'd give back the codes of course when I do add some features to it.

What I'm looking for right now is an item that let's you warp to a friend's location, this is very useful when leveling, grouping up and more. Although restrictions should be imposed upon the item so it won't be abused as well.

I don't know how to insert photos yet but i am glad that i asked your help here man! thank you it works!