Having issue-Character loads in, npcs there black screen cant walk

Xanthor

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26

I finally am able to log into my server, but now have a weird issue. When I log in, there are two npcs there I can talk too. The entire room is black as if the background is not loading in. My character can swing room around, talk to npc's, but cant move, as if glued to the spot

.post-35705-0-68572100-1450016987_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xanthor

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  49

I finally am able to log into my server, but now have a weird issue. When I log in, there are two npcs there I can talk too. The entire room is black as if the background is not loading in. My character can swing room around, talk to npc's, but cant move, as if glued to the spot

.attachicon.gifcantwalkblackscreen.jpg

What client did you use?

2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe.patched. 

Tried many different options, even different clients. All result to logging in with no background, black screen with npcs. You can't walk, but can interact with npc's nearby. Here is a clip from my server. post-35705-0-71510700-1450087313_thumb.jpg

Oh, music does play. The only issues that sounded similar actually had nothing to do with this issue as well, which was login screen. Here as you see above there I'm logged in.

I'm not closing this issue yet as I'm trying to find the cause. The quick fix was to download client from another running server and plug my data settings into it. This ran fully with some issues so once done will post the fix. Edited by Xanthor

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  62

PACKETVER? clientinfo.xml?

Wanted to update this post so anyone else who get same issue can get an easy fix. This issue was caused by downloading from several different posts in attempts to get a working client. The black screen with npcs, that was caused by missing and damaged data.grf files which for some reason wouldn't patch and never gave an error or crash dump. Instead of pulling my hair out, whats left of it anyways, the most easy fix was to start fresh and download a full working client from a working server and then editing your configuration to connect to your server. Though, if you plan on letting others join your server, I highly recommend asking the person you download from permission to use it, even offer to donate because they like myself went through a lot of trouble to get theirs working and to take another's work without asking is just plain wrong. Big thanks for those who helped me!

Im back to tearing my hear out. I got another client, one that has all the features mine was missing, cash shop, bank, It connects to other servers and runs fine, yet when I connect to mine, everything functions except I can't walk, like the black screen. The graphics all load up. NPCs load in too. The character wont budge. I can warp everywhere, just not move around. I changed the mmo.h packets to 20131222, changed client version to 46 in clientinfo.xml. The only difference between the older client and this one is that the clientinfo.xml is stored in the adata file. Client version is 20131222.

Edited by Xanthor