Pre-renewal server with latest/2013 kRO data

Harha

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

Hey, I am currently developing a completely pre-renewal server and have a few questions regarding the database and some other things, which is why I decided to post my questions here instead of some specific sub-forum.

First of all, I noticed that nearly all warp portals in the new prontera map were incorrectly placed, so I re-positioned them, NPC's seemed to be finely positioned as they were. Then I discovered the Izlude map, which also had warp portals that were positioned in the old map coordinates, thus they were in water and other weird places, for that I pretty much copypasted the renewal warps izlude database over the pre-renewal one since they didn't differ that much otherwise, and everything regarding izlude seems fine now.

My question is, that if I am going to develop this server as is with this 2013-08-07 client exe/data date with the additional data that is the newest data gathered via updating the kRO client, I am wondering if there are a lot of more miss-placements like these and errors in general that will be difficult to spot?

Another concern is that monsters seem slightly too weak, I am not entirely sure if this is just my memory tricking me, but for example the Orc Zombies in the orc dungeon level 1 were quite weak and I could easily take on multiple ones of them with minimum gear on a lvl 45 acolyte. I haven't played RO since 2009, I don't know anything about renewal, so please can someone verify me that monsters are weaker than originally in pre-renewal if using rAthena with pre-renewal database as is. I have disabled all the renewal mechanics via renewal.h and re-compiled the server alongside with some other minor adjustments. Also I've checked the stats of various monsters in the pre-renewal database and obviously they seem correct, also I've verified it that this correct database is being loaded by inspecting many monsters and items with @iteminfo @mobinfo and so on...

Also, I haven't figured out how to make it so that guild dungeons aren't public to everyone, I want the WoE / Castles / Castle dungeons to work like they worked in 2009, so that only guilds that have conquered the castle(s) have access to their dungeons. Is there an easy way to make this happen or do I have to manually re-write / correct all functionality related to that?

Aand finally here's a screenshot just proofing that I've set-up my development environment correctly / patched my client correctly / am actually using the pre-renewal database instead of renewal, and so on.

miragero2.png

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Harha

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

When you have the settings set to pre-re you need to make sure you download a data folder that is also pre-re, for both item translations skill translations and maps like izlude,

the for izlude just download the old izlude and put it in your data folder / grf

As for the mobs in 2007 I remember that orc zombies where not that strong and could easily be mobbed and killed in groups even before your 2nd job.

To answer your overall question will there still be issues, I'm sure there are small ones here and there but most are caused by using a non pre-re grf setup, with a few of the renewal npcs leaking to pre-re

For your woe question I wouldn't know off hand I'd have to look into the npcs bit I'm on phone

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

When you have the settings set to pre-re you need to make sure you download a data folder that is also pre-re, for both item translations skill translations and maps like izlude,

the for izlude just download the old izlude and put it in your data folder / grf

As for the mobs in 2007 I remember that orc zombies where not that strong and could easily be mobbed and killed in groups even before your 2nd job.

To answer your overall question will there still be issues, I'm sure there are small ones here and there but most are caused by using a non pre-re grf setup, with a few of the renewal npcs leaking to pre-re

For your woe question I wouldn't know off hand I'd have to look into the npcs bit I'm on phone.

Thanks for the clear answers.I do realize that I need the correct pre-renewal data to have correct skill information / items and so on, maps I am however going to be keeping as is, because fixing all issues with them wasn't too big of a thing and tbh I like these newer maps and I don't think it will affect gameplay in any major manner anyways.

About weak mobs; I guess you're right, they are quite fine as is, just felt a bit too easy to me for some reason at first. All their stats are correct for pre-renewal in the database, I've verified that again for many mobs, also their skills are correct, so yeah.

WoE Seems fine, I've talked to some other people who remember how WoE worked in 2007 and it seems correct, MVPs/Normal monsters are inside castle maps and they apparently should be, dungeon entrance NPC's won't allow anyone who is not in the guild that currently holds the castle to enter the dungeon and so on.

So anyways, I guess I just have to download the correct as full as possible pre-renewal data from somewhere and make a dedicated GRF for them, and after that is done and all tooltips and whatnot are the same on the client side as they are on the server side I can stop worrying about pre-renewal not behaving like actual pre-renewal and focus on customizing my server in other ways possible.