Flexible Enchanter

IndieD

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50

Hello scripters of rA;

I'm requesting a flexible, and easily editable NPC that enchants into the 4th slot, with somewhat of a quest inside. 

For example:

I have an item called Lesser Card of Negation (26000). The Lesser Card of Negation has two other forms, Normal (26001) and Greater (26002) which equip to armor equipment slots.

For my server, to balance the custom cards out, I'd like them to be enchantments rather than regular cards so players are limited to one-of's per equipment. This would reduce stacking and would still let the player have a regular card socketed into the equipment. To explain, there is another card in my server that grants the player the ability to gain life when dealing damage, called Life Drinker/Vampiric, and it too has a Lesser/Normal/Greater variant, but instead of it being enchanted to the armor set, it gets put into the weapon slot. Unlike armors, weapons can carry multiple slots, so this is where the enchantment systems comes into play. Enchantments in the 4th slot reduce the stacking effect.

I looked up how to limit a how many cards of of a specific ID you can place into an item, but this also allows players to have two cards of different variants, adding to the stacking effect.

I'd like the NPC to also require the player to quest/hunt for these instead of just paying a fixed amount. In order to get the Lesser Card of Negation, players have to hunt specific items in order to receive it, and so on.

So what I'm trying to ask for is an enchantment NPC that's sort of a hybrid of multiple NPCs; enchanter and a quest NPC. If possible, I'd like the enchantments be able to be socketed into any piece of armor or weapon, depending on what the card/enchantment fits into, with room to add and expand whenever I need to.

I know it's a bit confusing, but I'm willing to answer any question to make this NPC perfect.

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50

Bump.