[ HELP ] Planning to Open a Trans-Only Ragnarok Server

healthydude

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64

Great day to all of you in this forum. I'm an old player of RO (since 2009) and I've been planning to make a server ever since.

Now I have the money to actually build one, I was hoping if anyone can lend a helping hand for a guy like me who doesn't know much about coding and starting a private server.

I know this is often asked in this forum and most of the time people like me will be told to "read the guides etc..."

But I'm pretty sure someone out there is kind enough to mention here a detailed guide on how to make a Ragnarok Private Server.

Here are the simple stuff that I want for my private server:

- Transcendant Class only

- WoE 2.0 and WoE FE

- Battlegrounds

I can handle the rest.

If you are kind enough to help me I would appreciate it if you can message me here and I would be more than happy to include you in my server's staff. 

And also, am I allowed to mention my Skype here just in case?

My skype is: julius.mesina (add me up)

Kind Regards,

Healthy Dude

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  452

I could help you out, but I'll be starting with school this Monday so I might not be that much of help, but I can help you set it up and get it ready for launching. Just pm me for more details.

I am not active on Skype, you can drop me a message on my facebook, just send me a pm and I'll give it to you there.

I could help you out, but I'll be starting with school this Monday so I might not be that much of help, but I can help you set it up and get it ready for launching. Just pm me for more details.

I am not active on Skype, you can drop me a message on my facebook, just send me a pm and I'll give it to you there.

Thanks man you are so kind. 

I like the fact that you bothered to help me even if I'm a complete newbie.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

Why dont you go find a hosting company that do ragnarok online host? they will do everything for you and assist, i believe. /...

Why dont you go find a hosting company that do ragnarok online host? they will do everything for you and assist, i believe. /...

Thanks for that suggestion Elsa Mist, I highly appreciate it.

I'm familiar with hosting games (I've hosted an Unturned MMOFPS server 3 months ago ) and based on my experience, I can get better hosting if I go directly with the unbrokered hosting providers.

Most of the hosting providers that I see being advertised with Ragnarok servers are brokered, meaning they are retailing an already retailed hosting provider.

I'm trying to find a good VPS at the moment.

It turns out there are VPS that can go for less than $200 per month and will still be able to run a decent server.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  452

I see, however with that kind of set up, you would have to install all Ragnarok components (emulator, svn and everything) from the ground up if you do not wish to avail of the RO specialized hostings.

I highly suggest you to check out RagnaHosting, they give good support and customer service and their servers are good as well.