Ragnarok 2 Server

kyrato

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84

Hey im curious if there are any RO2 servers flying around still or is there a way to make an RO2 Client match up to a rAthena Server?

10 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  62

I've heard one group claiming to have created software but they are still refusing public release or help. (That's after hours and hours of researching and contacting old eAthena friends from 10-ish years ago)

If you ever think you've found one that isn't based on the old Ro2, it is a scam and i highly recommend not doing anything on one of their websites.

does the client interface with the regular servers?

No it does not.  Simply put the source is substantially different and wouldn't really do anything if you tried.

so other than the packets being different, id imagine the calculations and everything would probably stay the same right? could we just interface the current servers into it? i believe the maps are actually the same layout...

Unfortunately, very doubtful.  The calculations are managed in a completely different way and on an entirely new system.  If you check out the wiki for Ro2, even how stats works is different.  The maps are actually coded an entirely different way as well it's not the same system.  You'd honestly have to start from scratch reading, coding, and breaking down everything, just like we did with eAthena when Ro private servers started.  It's a massive process that takes a lot of people and a lot of commitment to create software to run an entirely new game.

You have people commited enough with the knowledge, you could do it though.  As far as I'm aware there isn't anything currently making it impossible to create an Ro2 software. (Could be wrong)

gotcha gotcha. man. with no main server to compare to anymore that's probably impossible. Im not great with code to begin woth nor do i fully comprehend every aspect of these Ro1 servers and their codes hahaha. Thanks for the info man, i appreciate it. maybe ill find an Ro2 client from way back when and try to play with it some. Honestly i need to probably get back to building my RO1 server too.... lol

Found this to be interesting, apparently RO2 is working on steam... does this mean we could get that by chance? apparently it was released by gravity to steam...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  142

Found this to be interesting, apparently RO2 is working on steam... does this mean we could get that by chance? apparently it was released by gravity to steam...

The client is not the big problem. A friend of me wrote a program to extract and re-pack the client files. But the serverside is a good piece of work ^^

Right but steam servers may host the server which means we might can get access to via steams sharing or if anything a good way to sniff packets and info lol

i have a copy of SagaRO2 server files. i didnt get them to work but they may be helpful. would it be worth posting up somewhere?