Help with ActOR2

michaelsoftman

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  410

I am editing an act I downloaded for a custom mob. When I put the mob in game, and it walks, it plays the walking sound much much too fast, it repeats like 5 times per second.

I can't seem to change the sound or replace it at all in Actor2 though, no change I make seems to do anything. So for right now I deleted the sounds, and the mob works fine but is completely silent. Can someone tell me how to add sounds? I know to add them through the Edit menu, and you can select them from a dropdown list, but they do not seem to stay there and the changes don't seem to save.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

Yea Actor2 has issues with editing sounds (tested it) even though it claims to be able to support sounds where as Actor1 doesnt. Based on what I know, there is no actor file that provides sounds linked to the SPR frame movement. Perhaps someone out there can provide a suitable solution to this issue.

EDIT: Keyworld provided me the ACT file with filled in sounds for a particular sprite located here. According to Adel Actor2's adding sound option only works properly in Windows XP mode so there is a known issue with it in Win7.

What's wrong with actor2? >.< ugh it's pissing me off. I know for a fact that the sound function works well when you run actor2 in xp mode. For some reason it jus isn't working. I can select the sound from the drop down menu and all, but the sound won't stay, it gets erased.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  410

Hmm, I tried putting it in XP compatibility mode, doesn't seem to work still. I will mess around with it more in the morning when I'm not tired.