SQL Help

Lige

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

I am using Vote for Points on my server, but I don't like the standalone "points" it uses, so I was wondering if there's a way to use SQL queries / commands or w/e from within a script as a OnPCLoginEvent to do something like this:

OnPCLoginEvent:

-- SQL Query cp_v4p_voters, check players 'account_id', get 'points' and asign value as a @VotePoints variable.

-- SQL Query Set cp_v4p_voters 'points' value to 0

set #CASHPOINTS, #CASHPOINTS+@VotePoints;'

I've looked at various scripts that use the SQL stuffs and cant seem to figure it out >.<...

EDIT:

I'm still playing arround with things, and I think I'm probably wayyy off (obviously, since it's not working) but could anyone point me in right direction from where I'm at now?

-    script    VotePoints    -1,{
OnPCLoginEvent:
       set .@account_id,getcharid(3);
       set @vote_points,query_sql ("SELECT `points` FROM `cp_v4p_voters` WHERE `account_id' = ".@account_id");
       set #CASHPOINTS,#CASHPOINTS+@vote_points";
   dispbottom "You have "+#CASHPOINTS+" point(s)";
close;
end;
}

Edited by Lige

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  130

Something like this:

OnPCLoginEvent:
// Get the data to array @VotePoints, since we only get 1 value it will be treated as a variable, .@n is amount of rows
set .@n, query_sql("SELECT `points` FROM `cp_v4p_voters` WHERE `account_id` = '"+getcharid(0)+"'", @VotePoints);
// If we got data
if(.@n){
   // Update his/her values to 0
   query_sql("UPDATE `cp_v4p_voters` SET `points` = 0 WHERE `account_id` = '"+getcharid(0)+"'");
   // Update the CASHPOINTS var
   set #CASHPOINTS, #CASHPOINTS+@VotePoints;
}
end;

Check the variables, names and code before using.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  23

Something like this:

Check the variables, names and code before using.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! (Your script worked entirely, just had to change getcharid(0) to 3, for account instead of character ID)

Looks like I was very very close, just... Not quite? (Since I didn't know what I was doing, I'd say I done perty good xD)

In case anyone else finds this topic, here is a working script, assuming you are using this vote for points script: http://rathena.org/b...ote-for-points/

- script VotePoints -1,{
OnPCLoginEvent:
// Get the data to array @VotePoints, since we only get 1 value it will be treated as a variable, .@n is amount of rows
set .@n, query_sql("SELECT `points` FROM `cp_v4p_voters` WHERE `account_id` = '"+getcharid(3)+"'", @VotePoints);
// If we got data
if(.@n){
// Update his/her values to 0
query_sql("UPDATE `cp_v4p_voters` SET `points` = 0 WHERE `account_id` = '"+getcharid(3)+"'");
// Update the CASHPOINTS var
set #CASHPOINTS, #CASHPOINTS+@VotePoints;
}
close;
end;
}

Thanks again!... Really man, I've been spending HOURS on this. You made my day :)

Edited by Lige