Custom Cards

ay0konapala

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48

Can someone please teach me how to make/create custom cards? thank you :).

And please explain to me what is a shadow euipment? (sample please :P) thanks again :)

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

Server-side, you need to properly set the item up in your db/item_db2.txt. Taking a look at an existing card:

4001,Poring_Card,Poring Card,6,20,,10,,,,,,,,16,,,,,{ bonus bLuk,2; bonus bFlee2,1; },{},{}
ID,AegisName,Name,Type,Buy,Sell,Weight,ATK,DEF,Range,Slots,Job,Class,Gender,Loc,wLV,eLV,Refineable,View,{ Script },{ OnEquip_Script },{ OnUnequip_Script }

So you'd take an unused ID and edit values to your liking (Type will always be 6, which is card, and Loc defines where it'll be equipped). As you can see, a lot of values are null, since cards have no ATK or Job, but you can still change its weight, sell value, etc.

{ Script },{ OnEquip_Script },{ OnUnequip_Script }

These are what actually determine what your card will do. Usually by looking at existing cards, these will prove easy to edit and play with.

Client-side, you'll need to update your ItemInfo.lub (assuming you're using one of the newer clients) with a new entry for your new card, and I'd guess it follows the same rules as other items (not sure about this part):

[<item id>] = {
   unidentifiedDisplayName = <item name to show when not magnified>,
   unidentifiedResourceName = <file name prefix used for all the images and drop sprite when not magnified>,
   unidentifiedDescriptionName = { <comma separated list of strings>,<to get multiple lines>,<in item description> },
   identifiedDisplayName = <item name to show when magnified>,
   identifiedResourceName = <file name prefix used for all the images and drop sprite when magnified>,
   identifiedDescriptionName = { <same format as unidentifiedDescriptionName but for magnified items> },
   slotCount = <number of slots>,
   ClassNum = <View ID - yes the same one that was there item_db>
 },

Finally, you add the custom card image to your data folder in data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/cardbmp.

I'm not really sure how and if Shadow Equipment works, but it's about those extra slots in your character's equipment info (the other tab). As far as I know, the upper ones were used for costume headgears (headgears with no effects that replace your equipped items' sprites... just for the looks), and now there are slots for every piece of equipment.

Hope these were useful somehow, and good luck!