Client Crash because of items

Markyieee

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134

Im using 2012 client.

I already checked and configure accessoryid, accname, accname_eng.

I also checked and configured the Iteminfo.lub.

I also checked the sprites and texture and its all good.

What should be the problem, that when i Equipped the item the client crashes?

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  325

Yes its possible if u messed up in adding the item. Plz show ur accessoryid lub and accname as well? Make sure u continued from the view id already present in the lub file or ull have to compile which is a pain.

Yes its possible if u messed up in adding the item. Plz show ur accessoryid lub and accname as well? Make sure u continued from the view id already present in the lub file or ull have to compile which is a pain.

I cant still seem to find out whats wrong. But not all the items i add causes the crash. Some items causes crash

Ok heres the list of problems ive faced. Tell me which one it is.

Problem 1:

I equip item and the game crashes. If i try logging in the game crashes again and i have to literally delete the char.

Problem 2:

I equip item and it crashes. I can relog but once i go to view equipments and i click on the Custom gear icon it crashes. This custom gear u added will not have any picture i.e. its blank.

Problem 3: I can click on the item and see its description but if i try to unequip, Game crashes.

All the above mentioned problem only happens if u messed up the view ID. if the last view ID was 1692(just an example) then ur custom HG list should start from 1693. You should NOT skip to 1700 + because then ull have to compile lua > lub and trust me thats a pain. Its made me so pissed i almost quit developing my server. The thing is once u added ur custom headgear view ID and all that procedure, Delete the accesoryid.lua and accname.lua and only the lub files should be there.(just rename .lua to .lub dont literally compile).

Once u do this it should work fine. The crash might occur if ur data folder is old. cuz there might have been new HGs added to data.grf but the view IDs wouldnt have been updated.

Hope this helped. if not get back to me.

Problem 1:

I equip item and the game crashes. If i try logging in the game crashes again and i have to literally delete the char.

Problem 2:

I equip item and it crashes. I can relog but once i go to view equipments and i click on the Custom gear icon it crashes. This custom gear u added will not have any picture i.e. its blank.

Problem 3: I can click on the item and see its description but if i try to unequip, Game crashes.

All the above mentioned problem only happens if u messed up the view ID. if the last view ID was 1692(just an example) then ur custom HG list should start from 1693. You should NOT skip to 1700 + because then ull have to compile lua > lub and trust me thats a pain. Its made me so pissed i almost quit developing my server. The thing is once u added ur custom headgear view ID and all that procedure, Delete the accesoryid.lua and accname.lua and only the lub files should be there.(just rename .lua to .lub dont literally compile).

Once u do this it should work fine. The crash might occur if ur data folder is old. cuz there might have been new HGs added to data.grf but the view IDs wouldnt have been updated.

So youre saying that on the default lua files you have to continue the view id

Example my Accessoryid look like this one

ACCESSORY_DEVIL_SCHOOLHAT = 928,
  ACCESSORY_H_ANGEL_SCHOOLHAT = 929,
  ACCESSORY_H_DEVIL_SCHOOLHAT = 930,
  ACCESSORY_MOUTH_RED_PENCIL = 931,
  ACCESSORY_MOUTH_BLUE_PENCIL = 932,
  ACCESSORY_ELDERCROWN = 933,
  ACCESSORY_FIVE_COLOR_FEATHER = 934,
--935-999
  ACCESSORY_ANGELBAG = 1000,
  ACCESSORY_ARCHBAG = 1001,
  ACCESSORY_ARTICWINGS = 1002,

You're sying it should be like this 

ACCESSORY_ANGELBAG = 935,
  ACCESSORY_ARCHBAG = 936,

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

--935-999

ACCESSORY_ARCHBAG = 936,

Yes exactly that. see wat the last view ID is and then continue from that number. in this case, if five colour feather is the last number(934) then start ur custom ones from 935.

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

--935-999

ACCESSORY_ARCHBAG = 936,

Yes exactly that. see wat the last view ID is and then continue from that number. in this case, if five colour feather is the last number(934) then start ur custom ones from 935.

I have already done this but still it doesnt fix. I can't seem to find out whats wrong :/