Skill Tree and Chat Tabs aren't translated?

typhusftw

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11

I've searched for multiple hours a day and couldn't find anything that helped so sorry if it annoys anyone if I'm posting about this.

I'm running 2011-03-15aRagexeRE with the lub files from http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Lua_Project/lubs/Lub%20Files%205.0.2/ since I read I have to have the lubs from those dates or stuff wouldn't run right.

Everything else is working fine besides me needing a new setup that isn't translated either. It's the blue ghost one? O:

And entering the four security digits when you login, some of the buttons also aren't translated :/

2hn5obo.jpg

2ufrmv9.jpg

2uf62ip.jpg

i3tgmb.jpg

19 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  51

data folder ? 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  84

i got the buttons but im having the same problems with the tabs and skill tree and descriptions.

im using the 2013-07-17c ragexe client though....

i think the buttons can be downloaded via the download page up at the top.

youre using read msgstringtble.txt on your client arent you?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  51

i tried that download, no skills fixed. something about hexing the clent to make stuff work?

anyways youre gonna love this, you can change the tabs by double clicking them and changing the name then press enter and BAM that's fixed lol. but this doesnt set the default lable, instead it creates the savadata/chatwindinfo_U.lua directory. 

skills, im still not sure about. but it makes me wonder if theyre hard-coded now?

oh and you can download an english translated button pack pinned around here somewhere

Edited by kyrato

Thanks kyrato I'll check out the download for the buttons! And I'll try that tab thing out.

But I downloaded the data folder from that link before and it gave me a iter_gettable error and none of my text would show up in my chat box and thats why I downloaded the lubs from the first link I posted :/

I guess they were missing files for the skill tree? There has to be a way to translate the skill tree. I've literally looked everywhere and nothing has helped and it ended up giving me more errors lol

well i had to get the lua files then compile them into lub's, none of the downloaded lubs i tried worked. 

that fixed my skill tree and quest window. im using msgstringtable.txt for most everthing else so thats all i know is translated, but im still having problems translating my navigation tab so i cant help you there :(

also check to be sure your skills arent all variable, mine appear to be...

How do I change luas into lubs? I read a lot of people mentioning that but I couldn't figure out how.

I'll have to rediff my client and check some stuff again to make sure I didn't check or uncheck anything I shouldn't have lol.

But as far as I know everything else has been fine.

Oh and I downloaded the translated buttons and extracted them where they told me to and it's still not working? :/

well the speculation/rumor out is you can simply change the name from whatever.lua to whatever.lub  BUT that didnt work for me. i actually compile them using luac5blahblah..... sorry cant remember right it now haha. you can search "luac*" minus the quotes but keep the * there, and you should find it. ill try to find the link if you dont get it before i do.

here this is the lua to lub converter (credits to lua.org), just change the .txt extention to .exe and drag single .lua files onto it one at a time. kinda tedious but see if it works.

luac5.1.4.txt

Now I have run into a new problem and I cant get into my server now -__- It just keeps saying failed to login. At first I had to reactivate Visual Studio 2010 and now I just can't connect at all.

I zipped up my folder that was working perfectly fine so I could try and work on it while keeping a working version. And now my working version can't even connect to the server D:

My server is running fine and it doesn't say there is an error or anything. It's pissing me off that this happened cause I haven't even changed anything for it to stop connecting

Okay, so I got the connection error fixed. -__-

But I couldn't use your download thing for some reason and change it to exe, so I used Notepad++ to change them to lubs. But did you do that to everything in the data folder or just the skillinfoz and skillinfo folders? That's pretty much all I need is for the skills to be translated. I have tried so much and can't get this to work D:

Alright well you csn search luac in the forums here to find the exe.

I couldnt get it to work by changing the extension, i had to use the luac program.

How did you fix the connection?

Sorry it's taking so long to respond, been really sick lately.

But I will look for the exe.

Not sure how I fixed the connection but it's doing it again lol. I'll figure it out again.

But I've run into a new problem. Whenever someone makes an account, they always have a GM sprite no matter if they change their job or not. I made it so all new people that make an account are group 0 but I can't figure out where to go to make them have normal sprites if they aren't a GM

I would remove any <yellow> or <aid> tags in your clientinfo. Im not sure if thatll do anything but its where i'd start.

Got the connection fixed again, was something simple that I missed lol.

But I can't compile all of the luas into lubs with luac5.1.4 :/

I'll drop something into it and it will be just a luac.out  /hum

And even if I edit them with notepad++ and change it to .lub it doesn't seem to fix my skill tree that way either /pif

Edited by typhusftw

Right you have to change the name to whatever your lua is. But remember to put lub at the end lol. It only works 1 at a time.

ahh okay gotcha! It's gonna take some time but it'll be worth it in the end /thx

No problem, i'd do just a couple at a time for one part then patch them in. Makes troubleshooting easier lol like just the skillinfo folder first lol

I did the skillinfo folder and the other ones related to the skills and it hasn't changed them. /panic   I guess I'll do the rest and see if that helps 

Edited by typhusftw

Did you select read msgstringtable in your client? Thatll get most translations covered. Not skills but a lot of other things. Also id download the same date luas as the client, open them to make sure theyre translated hahaha

Yeah I selected that when I diffed my client. I'll look for the luas after I fix this connection problem again.

For some reason every time I turn my computer off for the night and try to login again, it won't let me. I type in the password to my account, it then takes thirty seconds for it to say "Failed to connect to server"

I literally didn't change anything from before I turned my computer off to when I get on the next day and I just can't connect to it again. It doesn't even show me trying to login on the login server /sob