[Skiller] NPC Skill Master

Kido

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1445

Well, i would love to have a npc like the Ripped Cabus, the one that teach players to learn enlarge weight limitd

the npc go like this o:

-It only works when you are a novice

-The novice will have 3 selectable jobs to jobchange (i want to choose that jobs by just adding the ID on the script)

-When the novice selects a job, the novice will change to that job and will get 30 skills (i want to choose those skills and at wich level they will get them on the script) those skills will be learned forever like the enlarge weight limit of the gym pass :3 (or like platinum skills too, or when you learn a skill while equiped a Smokie Card for example)

Well that's basiclly all what i want to make the npc do.

Im not too good at scripting but i can imagine that npc would look like this:

gonryun,159,116,6    script    TEST    935,50,50,{

mes "hello i can change you to a old job but with new skills, you can only choose 3";
menu "X job",x_job,"Y job",y_job,"Z job",z_job;
x_job
atcommand jobchange XjobID
getskill 
SkillID,LevelThatThePlayerWillLearn
//etc...
y_job
getskill 
//etc
z_job
getskill 
//etc...

mes "there you go adventurer, good luck with those monsters! take care pal";
close;

thanks in advance, i really want this npc, my players will love it :3!

Edited by Kido

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

The issue here is that, unless the Novice's can actually learn those skills through normal means (using skill points) than they won't be able to keep them forever. This is an on-going issue that has yet to be resolved without using some form of continuous loop.

I'm sorry, but what your asking for just currently isn't 100% possible. We can make a script that will give those skills (permanently) however, they won't stay forever even if we tried :/

The issue here is that, unless the Novice's can actually learn those skills through normal means (using skill points) than they won't be able to keep them forever. This is an on-going issue that has yet to be resolved without using some form of continuous loop.

I'm sorry, but what your asking for just currently isn't 100% possible. We can make a script that will give those skills (permanently) however, they won't stay forever even if we tried :/

No need to apologize so no worries :3

huh but what about platinum skills? hm may i add the desired skills to the skill_three.txt for the jobs that i want to make them old and the  use that npc so they will keep the skills? 

i don't get it at all, i tought that something like this can be used to learn skills for a job that can not normally learn it

https://code.google.com/p/eathena/source/browse/trunk/npc/other/gympass.txt?r=14063

):

so what about a special item? an item like a smokie card that will give a skill and while equiped the skill will remain only if that class keeps the item equiped?

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

Yea, I don't know why that works. Because I've tried giving all classes the ability to learn 10 additional skills but only through my NPC. Unfortunately it just wouldn't keep them, they'd disappear if I relogged or I used Status Points or Skill Points.

But an item that gives all those skills would work.

Yea, I don't know why that works. Because I've tried giving all classes the ability to learn 10 additional skills but only through my NPC. Unfortunately it just wouldn't keep them, they'd disappear if I relogged or I used Status Points or Skill Points.

what about to create a function that gives those skills to the job?

function	script	jobXYZskillsIDs	{

//here goes the script that makes the job learns skill when the novice jobchange to that job

if(BaseJob==Job_Job_X_Example||BaseJob==Job_Y_Example) {
	skill "TF_HIDING",1;
		end;
	}
	if(BaseClass==Job_Z_Example||BaseClass==Job_A_Example) {
	skill "SM_BASH",10;
		end;
	}
}

I got a better idea, i was waiting to be able to @bump

why not create a script that will trigger when X job logs on the server and then the script just adds the skills to the job, and when the job logs out the skills added by this script wearsoff?