Disabling skills and items

Common Sense

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

I found out that there is no predefined functions about disabling a certain skills and items(potion) on a certain map, and I would like to know if it is possible to disable on a certain map.

my intention about this, if you're playing the new Android and iOS game the "Dark Avenger" game, their is a death match/boss raid/infinity tower but no potions allowed, and there is only 4 skills and the 4th one was disabled and will only activated if they got the (4th skill potion)

• Death Match(3v3 by level gap)
  • Boss Raid(opt. Easy/Medium/Hard)
  • Infinity Tower(more likely ragnarok's Endless Tower but only one character allowed)

I intended to do, about ragnarok, specific jobs has its own skills but I would like to disable some of it... and only skills that is good and balance shall be able to be used...

I would like to implement this by not removing the entire skills(source code), unless if there is no options...any suggestions or modifications is acceptable...

(IF THERE IS NO OPTIONS) I have this kind of Idea:

• Creating 2 Servers, the one server is the world game, and the other one server is only for the Dark Avenger like game where the characters are automatically warped into my custom map and able to join Dark Avenger like Server.
  • Shared Database, 2 Servers into 1 Database.
  • Removing the entire skills for the Dark Avenger like Server.

my idea might be not good, any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  185

sry if i read wrong, im kinda tired =P

but if you want to disable skills or items in some maps you can use mapflags, adding the ones you dont want to be used to the list

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

sry if i read wrong, im kinda tired =P

but if you want to disable skills or items in some maps you can use mapflags, adding the ones you dont want to be used to the list

yeah, your idea is one of my options in my mind, but the skills are active, I mean instead of putting them into a PASSIVE state if it is possible, I dont want a certain player can put those skills into their skillbars or to show into their skills bars (TEMPORARILY), any options than that?..your options its kind of a skill like BACK SLIDE inside a guild map...

But I need to make the skill "PASSIVE" state but TEMPORARILY if possible?