My Custom GM Sprite, can't make ACT file! :(

Dazel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14

Hi, i'm new here, i been reading some of your guides because some friends started a new Ragnarok Server and they want a custom GM sprite, so i just started to learn how to do it, i been working on the pixel images for hours (combining and editing different sprites), and i want to take a look how it looks ingame even when i didn't finish all angles, but can't create the ACT file, when i open my spr file it doesn't show me the grid to adjust (like I saw in the guide), what am i doing wrong? I tried to make an ACT with a SPR with just my 5 completed images, and it didint work, then, did a SPR with my 5 first images (i replaced the 5 original ones) and the rest with original ones, and same error.

Made the SPR with SPR_Convview_v0 and trying to use actOR.

Also i have another question, My custom sprite have pauldrons, so the image is a bit wider, can it be that way and still work? I made the spr croping the pauldrons so they all be on the same resulution, but when i finish all angles of my sprite, can i make a wider resolution SPR and will it work? I hope you understand my point.

Sorry for my bad english, not my first language!

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Questions solved, so I take off the attached file and images of my sprite :)

Edited by Dazel

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

You don't make but edit acts in RO. And you will have to do this especially with job sprites, since it is preferably you don't change absolutely anything (and even in those cases sometimes they give errors). You have to be extremely careful with these.

If you are actually making a frankensprite (with edits to make it look better) you should use the act of the base sprite you are using. For example, I would use only tuxedo act (without any change) for this sprite:

agentjob.png

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14

Hi, thank you for your response!

I think i understand what you said, so, i dont have to make a new ACT for my SPR, i just have to edit my SPR and let the ACT alone? The thing is not changing the sprite drastically so the ACT can work with the new SPR? sorry for making this questions that may be obvious for you, but since i'm just starting this things are basics to learn!

Thank you for your time and patience! :)

PD. Do you recommend me to get rid of the pauldrons? So the image don't be wider and i dont have problems with the original ACT?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

Yes and yes :). If you need more help feel free to ask!