Help about my phpmyadmin

jayrick213

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

is there anybody can help how to make a fake root password in phpmysql, i accedentaly deleted my root user thats why i cant login to phpmyadmin.. thanks in advance..

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

is there anybody can help how to make a fake root password in phpmysql, i accedentaly deleted my root user thats why i cant login to phpmyadmin.. thanks in advance..

I'm guessing YOU are hosting your MySQL Server.

Here are instructions (for both Windows and Linux) to Reset the MySQL root password

Since you need to re-create the root user, for step 3 you would use this query instead:

CREATE USER 'root'@'localhost';
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  815

If you are hosting to asurahosting or somewhere else you can ask your provider to reset it for you.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  20

tnx

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi Brian,

From my own experience; there is no way to re-create a full 'root' account after it has been deleted. Even with running MySQL in safe mode and the option to skip privileges, it would not allow you to re-create that 'root' with "All Privileges".

I would use the following syntax to re-create the closest thing to 'root';

INSERT INTO `mysql`.`user`(`Host`, `User`, `Password`, `Select_priv`, `Insert_priv`, `Update_priv`, `Delete_priv`, `Create_priv`, `Drop_priv`, `Reload_priv`, `Shutdown_priv`, `Process_priv`, `File_priv`, `Grant_priv`, `References_priv`, `Index_priv`, `Alter_priv`, `Show_db_priv`, `Super_priv`, `Create_tmp_table_priv`, `Lock_tables_priv`, `Execute_priv`, `Repl_slave_priv`, `Repl_client_priv`, `Create_view_priv`, `Show_view_priv`, `Create_routine_priv`, `Alter_routine_priv`, `Create_user_priv`, `ssl_type`, `ssl_cipher`, `x509_issuer`, `x509_subject`, `max_questions`, `max_updates`, `max_connections`, `max_user_connections`) VALUES ('%', 'root', PASSWORD('password_is_here'), 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0');