2012/04/10 showname

Antares

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Upon startup, the client ovverides the showname setting with 0 (false) resulting in always displaying the "thin letter" type (which is also wrong**). If I type in /showname and exit the game, the value (1) is saved correctly into the OptionInfo.lua, but after I start again it will show again the 0 variant, and after I exit it will save the 0 value.

Please check this and correct it if you can (,or pz let me know where to hex the client to invert the showname option, because we want the thick one to be displayed by default).

**Showname = 0 is supposed to be the "thick" name display type with only rank and name, and showname = 1 is supposed to be the thin name display type with guild, rank, name and party name visible. But this is only a side note.

Thanks a lot! :)

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

In case anyone encounters this problem, I've been struggling with it for the whole day now. I was compiling and de-compiling Lub files looking for an answer and then I finally figured it had nothing to do with Lubs or Luas. It's simply the clientinfo.xml, you gotta set the langtype to 18. As simple as that. This will make your hexed default the showname to the thick letters for any fresh installs.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Noone? :(