Oldschool RO Server

Lokes

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

Dear rAthena community, I've been wondering for quite a while now, if it would be still possible to create an oldschool RO server without 3rd jobs and renewal mechanics, but to implement all the new updates aswell. It's no mandatory to keep it "that" up to date, since you can still customize. Well I do know, that there are a few servers out there without 3rd jobs, but I just can't find a way to create one, since I am not really good at it ( never created one before ). So yea, it would be nice if I get some responses about this :-).

Lokes

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326

You can install an rAthena server and then using the source configuration files make it pre-renewal. At that point, you can easily disable NPCs and other post renewal features (like quests) to keep it old school.

The only major scripting changes you'd have to do yourself is, if using a job changer, prevent players from getting past 2nd Job and rearrange the map to before Satan Morocc.