Dex*2 + int = 530

victorfa1

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  126

how do i add only this cast time? i want dex*2+int to be the only factor to reduce cast time to 0

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  554

@https://rathena.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rathena/trunk/conf/battle/skill.conf

// How much (dex*2+int) does variable cast turns zero? vcast_stat_scale: 530

:meow:

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  326

sir can you elaborate and explain more the effects of these options

// At what dex does the cast time become zero (instacast)?

castrate_dex_scale: 150

->does this affect renewal? since i don't see it noted as pre-renewal only effect and as far as i know there is no 150dex instacast from renewal right?

// How much (dex*2+int) does variable cast turns zero?

vcast_stat_scale: 530

->does this mean i need a total of 530 stats from int and dex*2?

ex:205 dex + 120 int

120 dex + 290 int

or anything total of 530? (which is clearly cannot be acquired by low rate server 150/70 by just stats right?)

pls enlighten me ^_^

Edited by frenzmu06

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  44

sir can you elaborate and explain more the effects of these options

->does this affect renewal? since i don't see it noted as pre-renewal only effect and as far as i know there is no 150dex instacast from renewal right?

->does this mean i need a total of 530 stats from int and dex*2?

ex:205 dex + 120 int

120 dex + 290 int

or anything total of 530? (which is clearly cannot be acquired by low rate server 150/70 by just stats right?)

pls enlighten me ^_^

- @green: As I understand it via testing and a few visual scanning of the conf files, one does not simply "instacast" because of variable cast time, which, if i remember correctly, is 20% of the original cast time, so if say you didnt have dex and your skill cast time was 10 seconds, your variable cast time is 2 seconds, meaning if you "instacast" you will still be casting for 2 seconds due to variable cast time.

- @blue: this means a total of 530 stats, which can come from both int AND dex but dex affects this twice as much, persay you had 150 dex [for instant cast] and 255 int [max int at the moment] that would mean 150*2+255 = 555, which means you can now "instacast".

- Oh and I hope this answers the question below:

how do i add only this cast time? i want dex*2+int to be the only factor to reduce cast time to 0

- If not, then basically, you cant, as this formula does not calculate the whole cast time, only the variable cast time which is 20% of the skill's original cast time that ignores "instacast" meaning, if players normally instant cast at 150 dex, if they didn't have enough int, they would still be casting for 20% of their original skill cast time [which if i understand correctly should be reduced depending on your settings].

- Based on doc/item_bonus, you can script an item to reduce variable cast time.

- As an admin tip, generally I would balance the cast rates to something not naturally reachable, but reachable via gears and hard work so persay:

// My max stats: 255

- If my max stats is 255, that meanst 150*2+255=555, meaning players can naturally instant cast, I dont want that happening unless they work for their gears [stat cards, berze cards, custom cards] otherwise itd be boring for them, not having a goal and not achieving anything through hard work.

- I would suggest something like 170 insta cast [forcing them to lower some stats] and 600 or 630 vcast. This forces any class to invest in certain stats to use certain builds, invest on certain items to use certain builds.

Edited by Leehalt

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  326

- @green: As I understand it via testing and a few visual scanning of the conf files, one does not simply "instacast" because of variable cast time, which, if i remember correctly, is 20% of the original cast time, so if say you didnt have dex and your skill cast time was 10 seconds, your variable cast time is 2 seconds, meaning if you "instacast" you will still be casting for 2 seconds due to variable cast time.

20% of the original cast time = fixed cast time i think and not variable cast time

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  44

20% of the original cast time = fixed cast time i think and not variable cast time

- That IS variable cast time.

========= edited ===============

- After a few tests, it seems that if youre on renewal settings, the formula for cast time is Vcast, which has a 20% OCT fixed cast time.

Edited by Leehalt