Weird Map-server Shutdown

Linkin Park

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227

My map-server keeps shutting down on random times, there are no core dumps generated and yes I have enabled gdb and properly configured it with the help of Asura and some guides here.

Edward told me to run the map-server with 'nohup' to generate the .log so that I can see what's the last message on the map-server before it actually shutdown.

I found this

[info]: 'Da Moves' logged in. (AID/CID: '2000031/150873', Packet Ver: '25', IP: 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx', Group '0').
[info]: 'nomber1' logged in. (AID/CID: '2001178/153167', Packet Ver: '25', IP: 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx', Group '0').
[info]: Character 'Dimmu Borgir' logged off.
[info]: Character 'JEMO KUNG GUMALAW' logged off.
[info]: 'JEMO KUNG GUMALAW' logged in. (AID/CID: '2001524/154354', Packet Ver: '25', IP: 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx', Group '0').
[status]: Shutting down...

I have no src mods installed. Just Harmony and latest rAthena.

--- * EDIT * ---

I noticed that before the map-server actually closes or shutdown, all players freezes ingame, like a massive lag is happening and sometimes it just get disconnected then rejected from the server when we try to login back. :(

Edited by RaGERO

4 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3127

Is there anything on the char server that would relate to this? Can you enable timestamps in your conf/ folder to see the timespan between the last player logging in and the mapserver shutting down?

Well I just changed files from using eAmod to rAthena and my database still has eAmod database changes and tables. So, this might be the reason?

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3127

More than likely. I'm not slating eAmod, but it's widely known to break alot of functionality. If there isn't something you desperately need to keep in there, i suggest porting your data into rA's database structure and forgetting about eAmod. As far as i'm aware, the majority of additional features that eAmod provides can be (mostly) located throughout the rA forums as source snippets, db modifications and scripts.

How would I convert my database into rA structure? Already sent a message to Brian but if there's something I can do now, I'll do it.