Vote.GS - Topsite with tools, feedback required!

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

Althought this isn't strictly just for RO, i've no idea where else to put it :P

I've spend the last few days working on building a topsite that should help server owners, not help the people that own the topsite! We all know how corruptible some of them are >_< It's not designed to be as broad-ranged as some of the bigger ones, so there's only going to be 10 or so categories instead of 30 plus. The only ads are at the top and bottom of the page (they're affiliate links, not adsense) and getting a premium account at the moment only gets you a crown next to your banner as i see no reason to try making huge profits from something that people only click on twice a day :P Having said that, the first 25 servers to sign up to it automatically get premium status.

The Account page keeps changing as i'm working on it, but the user-facing side is done and fully useable. The system uses a set of cookies, browser id and IP logging for checking when a user last voted - but no capture, just a random set of numbers that the user needs to type in.

I've made 1 vote button, but if anyone feels the dire need to make a sexier one, please feel free :P

Anyway, vote.gs provides -real- vote for points functionality, hostname redirection (i'm still working on integrating that bit into BIND) and a status script. Your banner is also always displayed, you don't need to upgrade your account for -any- reason.

I'd also appreciate constructive feedback :)

http://vote.gs

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  713

too heavy to load.

Tbh, i haven't done any optimisation with the images lol. On the vote->in page though, all the images are pre-cached so when you -are- sent to the site's listing page, it should load under 200ms >_> or atleast according to my chrome plugin :P

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

The logo is... huge. You might want to work on the theme a little more, as the page isn't very pleasant to look at (ugly background image, web page is just black/grey boxes, the large white font doesn't fit, etc.).

Haha, i <3 the header! The BG is apparently from WOW.. dunno, i've never had much to do with it lol. Hmm... *opens photoshop*

Thanks Euphy :)