Incorrect Display of Hexed Chinese Job Name in Client

chaosz88

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

First of all, sorry for my bad English. I am currently trying to setup a Chinese RO private server which just for playing with friends. I am new to hex and rathena setup too.

The server is compiled from rathena svn rev 16584 trunk.

The client that I am currently modifying is 2012-06-18aRagexeRE.exe from http://supportmii.com/ro1/Clients/ and was diffed with ShinsDiffPatcher with WDGSkipPacketHeaderObfuscation.dll from earthlingz.

I had used hex editor to modify the client for the display name "Oboro" to "胧", which is the simplified Chinese name of Oboro.

Through some research in rathena, I found that Job Name is hardcoded in new RagexeRE client.

Character Select screen, it display 2 bytes and form 1 Chinese letter "胧",

But in-game screen, it display 1byte and 1byte and form "ëÊ"

(The hexadecimal for 胧 are EB CA, which EB=ë and CA=Ê)

/wah

I had tried to hex the other job's name to Chinese letter (Kagerou -> 影狼, become "Ó°ÀÇ") but it still display correctly on Character Select screen, and display the single byte hexadeximal in Basic Info section on in-game screen.

If I hex back alphabet letter it will display Oboro and Kagerou correctly on both screens. So i suspect the Basic Info section only display hexadecimal 1byte by 1byte, instead of 2 bytes, thus having display error for 2bytes hexadecimal like Chinese letter. But the weird part is, it display correctly in Character Select screen but incorrect in in-game screen /panic .

I had tried set HeadGearId for 1000, 2000, 5000, and 10,000. But the problem still exists.

I wonder is there some possible solutions like edit src file and recompile, or hex the client to fix this ?

Thanks in advanced first for whoever try to help me /thx .

(P/S: the Chinese skill info translation is still in progress, but I can view Chinese letter in the translated skill list correctly too. )

(P/S: I tried to host on Win8 Consumer Preview 32bit and Win7 SP1 32bits system, compatibility to XP on server and client PC was tested and the problem remains the same. ): )

Here is some attachments of screenshots:

Sorry for wrong section post /omg Didn't see the section correctly before post. How to move to Client & Patcher Support section.

post-6766-0-38558800-1344191327_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-61174100-1344191331_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-53643100-1344191333_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-60081200-1344191339_thumb.jpg