help modifying skills and stats mechanics

TrollFace

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

the title is obvious, so please help me. what files need to modified ? can u give me some tutorials/links how to modify that files ?

example : modify asura strike/soulbreaker mechanics, modify atk/def/matk/def/mdef/flee/flee2 gain per stats increment.

my questions is clear right ? so, please help me. /kis2

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1315

Modify is a very vague term. What exactly do you want to do with them?

Depending on what you want to do, the change that needs to happen can occur in different places such as the source or the database.

Also most of the changes that you probably want to do has been asked and answered before so make sure to use the Search function before posting.

exactly, i want to modify the ATK/MATK/DEF/MDEF/FLEE/FLEE2/CRITICAL gain per stats increment.

for example, i want to change the critical gain to 2 points per 3 points of LUK instead of 1 point of critical per 3 points of LUK.

and i want to modify some skills mechanic.

for example, i want to change the asura strike mechanics from | ATK * (8 + Remaining SP/10) + Skill Level Bonus | to ATK * (Remaining SP) + Skill Level Bonus.

i've searching for the similar topic in this forum before, but still not found. and if u think u have the links for the similar topic, let me know and post them here.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  658

It's not the database,which you need to change for theese types,you'll also have to change a few parts of the Source,as example for the Asura Strike Skill you'll have to change the Source to change it to that mechanics.

You could read guides on the wiki,like How to add custom skills,and then you'll see , which files you have to edit to add a skill,and with that you can check which documents you have to edit,to change a skills mechanics.

http://rathena.org/wiki/Custom_skills

Good Luck!

It's not the database,which you need to change for theese types,you'll also have to change a few parts of the Source,as example for the Asura Strike Skill you'll have to change the Source to change it to that mechanics.

You could read guides on the wiki,like How to add custom skills,and then you'll see , which files you have to edit to add a skill,and with that you can check which documents you have to edit,to change a skills mechanics.

http://rathena.org/wiki/Custom_skills

Good Luck!

thx mate, for answering one of my question. can u help me to solve my another question :

i want to modify the ATK/MATK/DEF/MDEF/FLEE/FLEE2/CRITICAL gain per stats increment.
for example, i want to change the critical gain to 2 points per 3 points of LUK instead of 1 point of critical per 3 points of LUK.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  658

Hmm...I'm not sure about that,but it's something with the source,too,but I don't know where to change that. Sorry.