Negative EXPBOOST value?

Whales

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Well, here's the idea:

Bubble Gum and Battle Manuals by script increase your experience rates or drop rates. I'm attempting to create a script type (or simply use the existing EXPBOOST status with a negative value) that will REDUCE rates for people. Yes, I'm well aware that I can modify the configuration and change it for everyone, but this is more or less a choice. It would also be interesting to add as a status effect from monsters to give people incentives such as interrupts, focusing targets when grouped, etc.

I haven't found what I'm looking for in the source. The status.c doesn't tell me much. Has anyone ever attempted this kind of an idea before? I know how I'd implement it if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm kind of lost.

Thanks ahead of time.

Edit:

Interesting. Someone else has tried it, but I don't see that anything's come of it. This also slightly confirms the fact that - through my own and this person's testing - negative values are not accepted by the SC_EXPBOOST status. This can be found here:

http://www.eathena.w...hp?t261770.html

Also, upon deeper inspection, I've found what I've needed under "mappc.c." I'm still curious to see if anyone else has done this sort of thing before. I'll probably post up a working model of this implementation if I think it's good enough.

Edited by Whales

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet