Help in Adding Custom Prontera

8thDaedlySin

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

I have a custom prontera map I want to use but have no clue in how to add it. I have a .grf with the files and my data.ini is set up to read it before data.grf and rdata.grf but when I go to prontera it loads the original map. Can someone give me a step by step guide?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60

if you are doing the data.ini modification correctly chances are the map is not named like the one you want to replace in this case prontera

you need to extract the custom data.grf and see the correct name of the map and rename the files to prontera and put that in your data folder or rebuild the custom grf

after that if the custom prontera have model or paths modifications you need to rebuild your map cache you can easily do that with WeeMapCache just open you map cache with

that and the add the custom map and rebuild the map cache

Edited by kiros

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

@kiros - You can't just rename a map file to w/e you want and use it. That tactic will not work as the original map name is stored inside the .rsw itself. You will need to use a maprenamer program or BrowEdit to change the map name properly.

@8thDaedlySin - Follow this guide below to properly install a custom map or refer to my BrowEdit tutorials as one of them deals with adding a custom map. You can find a link to my tutorials via my signature.

rAthena Custom Maps Wiki Site - http://rathena.org/wiki/Custom_Maps