Heil, rAthena Members!

Valkyrja

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

I've been playing Ragnarok Online private servers since late 2005. During my lengthy time as a player, I've become so picky regarding my private server needs/interests, my only hope of finding a server I can truly call home is to run one myself. That being said, I'm very aware that running ones own server is not all fun and games; it requires a lot of (sometimes unrewarding) hard work and unwavering dedication.

I'm also not planning on rushing head-first into getting my own server up and running. I still have much to learn (luckily I have a few seasoned, private server owners to provide me with assistance when and where I need it) and I plan on taking my time so that I can provide my eventual community and player-base with a successful and well-maintained server.

Thank you and I look forward to interacting with (and perhaps learning from) you all! :o

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  54

Welcome. What exactly are your criteria? I've been on the look-out for a new server myself.

Welcome. What exactly are your criteria? I've been on the look-out for a new server myself.

Well, it's only in the planning stages currently so my details are very limited. I can tell you that it will definitely be a lower mid-rate, between 30 - 50 exp rates.

I also warn that I'm not a huge fan of "spoiling" players like most high rates do. (Obviously if a suggestion is made to change something and that suggestion has a lot of support I'll consider it.) For example, I'm all for Warpers but I feel that the dungeons requiring quests in order to access them should be quested. (Though I will likely have the Rachel Sanctuary donations all paid off, that's a bit too extreme for a new server.)

I would also like it to be Renewal (I'm well aware that Renewal is far from complete currently) and feature the 3rd Jobs.

Note: Nothing is set in stone, however.

Edited by Valkyrja

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  54

What about the job change quests? Would you leave those quests intact too?

What about the job change quests? Would you leave those quests intact too?

Absolutely! I'll likely include a Job Change NPC for those who do not wish to quest but I definitely plan on leaving those quests intact. I personally prefer questing over bashing things in the face so I'll be sure to have quest experience for EXP Quests at a higher rate than default as well.