Considering upgrading RO server... Where to start?

Reisama

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25

Currently, I am running a svn obtained from eathena before they went the way of the ancient poring....

I know I want to upgrade to the latest svn provided here, but I would rather not have to completely re-set up the server, client, etc...

If anyone could tell me what configuration files i could save between the changes, as well as if i would need a new client.. it would be gratefully appreciated.

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  149

./conf/import - about everything except atcommand related things.

pull a diff from ./src/common/ & ./src/map/ and see what you can apply.

Char Server is now full SQL, so you can't do it via diff, you need to apply changes manualy. login table changed, so go to your current login table and change 'level' column to 'group_id'. The rest is about the same in the SQL DB, just that *_re was added, but it won't conflict with eA afaik.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  392

rAthena is forked from eAthena, so after you switch your working copy to rAthena repository, you update it the usual way (I assume you would know what to do, if it was still eAthena).

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  25

Thanks for your help, guys. I found out the key things i had to do:

Most of the files that I really cared about (ie: configurations, NPCs, etc) were just copy pasta. Other key things (the client, for example. i wasnt sure if it was still compatible with what i had..) i lucked out on. Everything is working fine..... almost ><

At first, the FluxCP i have started going bonkers. I fixed it by adding a new column to my login database named "level" so it had backwards compatibility. I just gotta remember to set both for my admins.

The latest issue that I have now is the Experience. My rates are 150kx/100kx. The job exp seems to be just fine, but the base exp isnt. On average, the experience payout is sometimes 1% of what it should be. An example is Rybio:

SHOULD be giving out 236250000 base experience. He gives 1/10th of that.

Isilla is another example. Should be giving 518400000. She gives 8890327 (which is roughly 1.5% of what it should be giving.)

This is causing my players to complain a LOT about leveling, and its becoming rather annoying. If you have any suggestions or fixes, please let me know. I have no issues if it requires editing the source, as I am a developer.

Requesting a mod to close this topic now. I'm going to move the new issue to a new topic as appropriate.

Edited by Reisama