Script commands to edit party

deltadestiny

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

[1] As the title says, I'm wondering if it is possible to edit a character's party (create/leave) or a party's members (invite/kick) by using scripts?

[2] Are there any script commands that functions to perform exactly what a player (with a regular account) types into his/her keyboard?

atcommand and charcommand both allows me to do so, but requires that the character belonged to an account with GM level of 99.

If [2] is possible, then [1] is definitely possible, at least for editing a single character's party.

Another thing, if anyone knows of commands or methods which outputs a similar result, I'm interested in knowing.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by deltadestiny

4 answers to this question

• Content Count:  17

*atcommand "<command line>";
This command will run the given command line exactly as if it was typed in from
the keyboard by the player connected to the invoking character, and that
character belonged to an account which had GM level 99.
   // This will ask the invoker for a character name and then use the '@nuke'
   // GM command on them, killing them mercilessly.
   input @player$;
   atcommand "@nuke "+@player$;
This command has a lot of good uses, I am sure you can have some fun with this
one.

Is this what you're looking for?

Hi Wynn, thank you for your effort of getting me that, but I believe I stated that atcommand and charcommand requires the account to be of level 99. I'm looking for commands that does not have that sort of requirement. =)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  52

If atcommand/charcommand are used through a script (which I imagine they do need to be) with a player attached, it treats the command as if it were used by a level 99 GM, they don't need to be level 99 GMs to use atcommand however.

As for the party request, I don't think there's commands that can do that, but with a little bit of research in party.c and script.c, you should be able to figure out how to make a script command that calls the party_invite functions (there's a few functions involved in joining a party), and the party_removemember functions. (To get the 'sd' and 'tsd' arguments you can take the character IDs as script arguments, and then use map_charid2sd(charid); to convert em)

Edited by Variant

Okay firstly, I made two mistakes.

*atcommand "<command line>";

Is this what you're looking for?

One is that I thought charcommand would allow me to use slash commands as well, which I'm sure isn't the case at all.

Secondly, (this is a rather embarrassing mistake), I interpreted read the description wrongly for both atcommand and charcommand.

So, my apologies to Wynn. :)

If atcommand/charcommand are used through a script (which I imagine they do need to be) with a player attached, it treats the command as if it were used by a level 99 GM, they don't need to be level 99 GMs to use atcommand however.

As for the party request, I don't think there's commands that can do that, but with a little bit of research in party.c and script.c, you should be able to figure out how to make a script command that calls the party_invite functions (there's a few functions involved in joining a party), and the party_removemember functions. (To get the 'sd' and 'tsd' arguments you can take the character IDs as script arguments, and then use map_charid2sd(charid); to convert em)

Variant, I must thank you for reminding me that the invoking character need not be a GM at all for the atcommand or charcommand line to run. That cleared up things for me, I really don't know how I was led to my previous assumption regarding the requirement.

I'm pretty new to scripting and how RO works, so I'm not familiar with the source files. I'm assuming that I can write a custom script command by referring to these two C files. I'll look deeper into that when I explore around these files. Thank you for your research, I'm sure it took some of your time and I appreciate it. /lv

So I guess this topic is answered, there are no official script commands that allows party editing as of current date. Variant's method is possibly the closest way to do so.