A little help and your opinion.

Ehcloprom

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82

I more or less want an opinion on the security of this setup.

I'm in the process of modding a script it's a script for players to battle each other from anywhere between 4 to 8 players at a time.

(I could Use some help on how to do this)

Security Part 1 [bot protection]:

First the player will click on the npc It will then point them to a map, (a random @go) with instruction to click on that npc they will have 7 seconds to click the NPC after the dialog closes.

Security Part 2 [Players signing up at the same time with multiple accounts to be able to vs them selves or friends]:

After then 2nd part of the registration the player gets added to a list of players waiting to join, the npc then randomly chooses 4-8 depending on the amount of players waiting to join.

No Free-bees: I'm not really to sure on this but I was thinking about making it so any member has say 5-7 seconds to move if they don't move they will be kicked and the prize for the winner will be less. If only one person is activate they will be warped and and get a message saying the rest of the players or team are inactive adding you to the top of the list for the next game... or something along those lines.

Edited by Obliterate

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  44

Part 1: Not very effective against bots. They can 'click' NPCs alot better than humans.

Part 2: Thats not a bad way of doing it but not 100% effective. One way possible to prevent self farming is to force all the people with the same IP on to the same team. This way they have no possible way to fight against themselves but also if it's actually some folks playing at a net cafe or at a lan you're not preventing them from playing the game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  82

Part 1: Not very effective against bots. They can 'click' NPCs alot better than humans.

Part 2: Thats not a bad way of doing it but not 100% effective. One way possible to prevent self farming is to force all the people with the same IP on to the same team. This way they have no possible way to fight against themselves but also if it's actually some folks playing at a net cafe or at a lan you're not preventing them from playing the game.

Hmm, the way bots work wouldn't they have to setup the bot to click the npc everytime that's why I was thinking that the actual' npc could be be at any @go, at completely random coors within the @go area or do bots automaticly know where to click? would randomizing the npc's name and menus work againsted that?

One way possible to prevent self farming is to force all the people with the same IP on to the same team. This way they have no possible way to fight against themselves but also if it's actually some folks playing at a net cafe or at a lan you're not preventing them from playing the game.

Well if your forcing them on the same team that wouldn't prevent them from playing they would just be on the same team unless you meant something else by this.

Also what would be the best way to actually randomly make it so they are on a team Without them having to actually be in a party I mean making it so that cant kill each other... I want the battle to be fair and if you have a team of pros with good gears obviously they will win id rather it be randomly selected teams.

Edited by Obliterate

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  44

I'm sure someone can make bots do any of the following depending on the botter's skill:

• Click NPC at specific spot.
  • Click NPC of specfic name.
  • Search for any NPC in a certain area.

Randomizing name, location and menus would hinder them but won't make it completely bot proof. It's all a matter of time and determination.

Well if your forcing them on the same team that wouldn't prevent them from playing they would just be on the same team unless you meant something else by this.

Yes that is what I meant. You could block people of the same IP from playing the game, but as I said before this would block out people that play together on lans or net cafes. If you put them on the same team, noone gets blocked and noone can farm points/prizes by teamselves (at least by only using 1 IP)

Also what would be the best way to actually randomly make it so they are on a team Without them having to actually be in a party I mean making it so that cant kill each other... I want the battle to be fair and if you have a team of pros with good gears obviously they will win id rather it be randomly selected teams.

Put all the players into an array. Shuffle the array. Split the array in half. First half is team A, second is team B. You want to use the battleground commands for this. (maybe some additional ones that let you setup bg without chatrooms)